Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 730
Paid search can be an option for many dentists whose search engine optimization isn’t performing as well as they’d like. But paid search isn’t the magic bullet. I’ll discuss the pros and cons when we come back.
– I’m Colin Receveur, and welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– Paid search offers several advantages to dentists.
– Paid search keeps your brand right at the top of the search results page.
– That can help keep you top-of-mind with undecided patients.
– According to various estimates, it can take up to 12 contacts before a person makes a buying decision.
– Paid search can certainly add to those contacts for your practice.
– Particularly if you’re not ranking high on organic search.
– Paid search can help fill the “exposure gap” while you’re tweaking your SEO.
– But there are some downsides.
– Click-through rates on paid ads are low.
– Research suggests that organic search results win the click 96 percent of the time.
– And Google says any AdWords click-through rate over 2 percent is above average.
– That means you need a lot of impressions to get a click.
– Conversion rates on paid ads are decent, around 3.6 percent for 2015.
– But if you run the numbers, the cost of paid ads can add up quickly.
– So, paid ads aren’t the magic bullet.
– But they can be a useful part of your overall online marketing.
– I firmly believe that excellent SEO will return better ROI over time.
– And that’s where a reasonable portion of your marketing budget should be invested.
– If your SEO provider isn’t delivering, you might consider switching firms.
– A full-service dental marketing agency like SmartBox Web Marketing can help optimize your overall marketing.
– You can attract more and better patients.
– We’ve helped hundreds of dentists get more patients, more profits, and more freedom.
– In fact, that’s all we do.
– Our industry-leading patient attraction system can help you double your practice growth.
– If that sounds like something you want, visit smartboxdentalmarketing.com to learn more.
– Join me for tomorrow’s podcast about why you must use phone tracking with your marketing.
– Until then, keep moving forward.