Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1059
I know thousands of dentists, and I have a good idea of what the arc of dentistry is like. I’ve seen young, enthusiastic dentists gradually wear down over time. Usually, that’s due to the unrewarding nature of drill-and-fill dentistry. If you’re feeling the weight of countless fillings and crowns, it’s time to change the nature of your cases. I’ll be back after the break to tell you how to do that.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– My dad is a very successful dentist in the greater Louisville, Kentucky, area.
– One of the things I really admire about him is that he’s just as enthusiastic about dentistry as he was 25 years ago.
– He’s doing what he loves rather than what he has to do.
– He can do that because he’s getting the patients whose dental problems demand and challenge his highly developed skills.
– Dr. Receveur owns and operates New Albany Implants.
– He does more than just implants, of course, but implants are what really get him out of bed in the morning.
– He has that kind of enthusiasm because he’s getting the high-quality, high-value cases he loves to do.
– And I’m happy to say that SmartBox Web Marketing has a lot to do with that.
– That’s right – my dad is a SmartBox dentist.
– If you’ve been in practice for 15 or 20 years, or more, my guess is that you’re not too excited about getting out of bed in the morning.
– You might be dreading how your back will feel after bending over a chair for 6 or 8 hours.
– Maybe you’re wondering whether dentistry is really a younger person’s game.
– Can’t say I blame you.
– So, what are you going to do about it?
– Are you able to retire?
– And if you can retire, are you ready?
– If not, you’d better shake things up.
– And the place to start is with your marketing.
– There are two questions, and the first is, What kind of patient are you marketing to?
– And the second question is, What kind of patient are you getting?
– If you’ve convinced yourself that all you can get are low-case-value patients, you’re probably marketing on price, specials, and discounts.
– Guess who’s attracted to that kind of marketing?
– Price shoppers, insurance-driven patients, and one-and-dones.
– You have an unending string of not very interesting or very lucrative cases.
– You’re working longer hours to make the practice profitable – if your practice IS profitable.
– What would happen if you marketed to a different kind of patient?
– 20 percent of your market has the ability and willingness to pay more for a dentist they like.
– Don’t believe that?
– I’ve got more than 550 SmartBox dentists who would disagree with you.
– Because they’re killing it on their marketing.
– They’re not just getting more new patients; they’re getting better patients.
– And I have it on good authority that a great many of them have found a new zest for dentistry.
– Quite a few of them have even arranged to cut back their hours.
– If you want what those dentists have, and you’re serious about making some changes, here’s what you should do.
– Schedule a Patient Attraction System Blueprint™ Session.
– You can do that by going to smartboxdentalmarketing.com/blueprint.
– We reserve these sessions only for serious dentists.
– I’m talking about dentists who want to see a patient attraction system that can double their practice.
– You can get more patients, more profits, and more freedom.
– Dr. CJ Landry of Marrero, Louisiana, is a case in point.
– Here’s his report of how things are going.
– “With SmartBox, they really followed up.
– “They’re putting in content that’s relevant to our practice.
– “Nowadays, our practice is more implant-related, so SmartBox’s marketing is sending me those patients, specifically those patients.
– “In dentistry, it’s cyclical. You’ll have busy times and slow times.
– “Since we started with SmartBox, we’re not really having the slow times.
– “I’m actually working harder and more than I did before, by my choice.
– “It’s also going to allow me to bring an associate in fairly soon because I need some relief from how much work we’re doing.
– “In the past, it’s been more of a headache of worrying about finances.
– “Now, I’m worrying about getting enough time off so that I can enjoy the rewards.
– “If you need more patients, absolutely SmartBox would be a fantastic choice.”
– Sounds like a good problem to have, doesn’t it?
– You can continue to dread going to the office, or you can schedule a Blueprint call.
– Get that burden off your shoulders, and enjoy dentistry again.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.