Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 853
One of the biggest mistakes dentists make with their marketing is to send mixed messages. Unless you have some magic formula, you can’t be the premier provider in your area AND the king of low prices. I’ll be back after the break to tell you why being consistent in your marketing helps to get you the new dental patients you want.
– Colin Receveur here.
– Thanks for tuning in to the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I know a lot of dentists, and SmartBox Web Marketing works with more than 550 dentists on three continents.
– I’ve gotta tell you, a lot of those dentists’ marketing was a mess before they signed with us.
– I get it – you’ve got a lot of competition for every segment of your market, so you keep doing advertising that appeals to a lot of segments.
– But your dental prospects see more than just the part of the ad you intend for them.
– Millennials see a dentures ad, and Boomers see a promo for orthodontia.
– Your message is mixed, to say the least, and it’s costing you patients.
– Now, I’ve never thought that dentists should advertise on price, because that’s a race to the bottom.
– And you can work yourself to death trying to compete against someone with deeper pockets than you.
– Here’s THE question that dentists all-too-frequently don’t ask themselves: What kinds of PATIENTS do I want?
– That’s different than what kinds of CASES you want.
– You can get big cases, if that’s what you want, but will you get PATIENTS who won’t nickel and dime you, AND second-guess you, every step of the way?
– I think the patients dentists want are patients who stay, pay, and refer.
– THOSE are the dental prospects, regardless of what segment they’re in, that your marketing message should be geared to.
– That approach will automatically give you consistency in messaging and marketing, which is crucial for attracting the patients you want.
– Dr. Michael Abernathy, founder of Summit Practice Solutions, agrees that marketing has to be consistent.
“Your marketing ties really intimately into your website. You’re driving people there; there needs to be a consistency, a continuity with external marketing, internal marketing, and your dental website. Colin is able to put the whole package together, and that’s probably the biggest difference in this company and some of the companies that we’ve worked with before.”
– Even if you’re not a SmartBox dentist, I can help you achieve greater consistency in your marketing.
– If you’d like me to evaluate your website and tell you how it can be improved, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com, go to the Resources tab, click Products, and then click on The Swift Kick Dental Website Review. You can order a customized 30-minute video critique of your site, social media presence, online patient reviews, dental videos, and more using our 131-point dental web marketing checklist.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.