Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 781
There’s more competition than ever for the top slots in organic search. Identifying the right keywords for your dental practice is crucial. After the break, I’ll share tips and some free online tools to help you determine the best keywords to get you found online.
– Welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Google eliminated its right-side paid ads and moved them to the top and bottom of the search engine results page.
– That means fewer first-page results slots for dentists.
– To show up on the first page in organic search, you need the right keywords.
– These days, that means long-tail keywords.
– Long-tail means adding terms that the patients you want will search for.
– That will get you fewer hits than just the word “dentist.”
– But you’ll get more people looking specifically for what YOU offer.
– For instance, if you want people looking for aligners, your long-tail keyword might be “dental aligners.”
– Or “adult teeth straightening” or “straighten your teeth.”
– Just make sure the long-tail keywords you use are relevant to the patients you want.
– Location-based keywords are critical because dentistry is local.
– Make sure the people in your market see you – and not someone a thousand miles away.
– Ideally, you should have location-based keywords on every web page.
– To help you find the right keywords, take advantage of free tools.
– Google Keyword Planner is a great research tool that’s easy to use.
– You’ll need to set up an AdWords account to use it.
– In addition to helping you find the right keywords, you can see the level of competition around each.
– Google Trends is another free online tool.
– You’ll get dynamic insights into how particular keywords are trending and easy-to-read graphs.
– You need to be found on organic search, and choosing the right keywords is one of the keys to accomplishing that.
– Take advantage of Google Keyword Planner and Google Trends to help you select those keywords.
– You’ll attract more of the patients you want and patients who are further down your sales funnel.
– But SEO may not be the best use of your time.
– It certainly wasn’t for Randy Schmidt, an orthodontist near Chicago.
– That’s one of the reasons he signed on as a SmartBox dentist.
– “Colin has been doing local search marketing for us, which we’ve gotten 141 calls in the last month from,” he said in a video testimonial.
– “Our staff has been very impressed with all you and your team has done, and our patients now go to our website much more often, about two to three times as often as they used to …
– “… which has been incredible for our retention and internal referrals.”
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.