Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1238
– I’m Colin Receveur, CEO of SmartBox.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’d like to share something that Dr. Travis Watson of Marietta, Georgia, said:
– “A consistent goal that we have is to continue to have the new patients come in that are high-quality, who are interested in comprehensive dentistry …
– “… and really just want something better for themselves and aren’t just what we call single-tooth type situations.
– “They’re more of the fine cases that we enjoy doing.
– “So that’s always going to be a goal for us as we move forward with a company like SmartBox to help us with that.”
– Think about that for a second.
– Dr. Watson has a goal of getting better patients, patients that aren’t one-and-dones, insurance-driven, or price shopping.
– That’s because he’s figured out that with the right patients, he can earn more while working less.
– What kinds of patients are in your chairs?
– And what kind of average case value are you getting?
– Dentistry was never intended to be a volume-driven profession.
– But that’s what it has evolved into for way too many dentists.
– They’re working too hard for too long for too little because they’re not attracting the right kind of patients.
– Let’s be clear – almost every practice has some relatively low-value patients.
– But there’s a huge difference between having some of those patients and having mostly low-value patients.
– The second scenario is what keeps dentists running frantically between operatories.
– So let’s talk about what it takes to get better patients in your practice.
– If you’re advertising on price, specials, discounts, or insurance, you’re not going to get many high-value patients.
– Someone who’s looking at a full-mouth reconstruction isn’t going to care much about a 5 percent discount for prepayment.
– They’re interested in finding the right dentist for them.
– The right dentist is the one they like, trust, and consider the dental expert to solve their issues.
– It’s nearly impossible to convey all that with traditional dental marketing.
– Convincing a better prospect is a process, not a single event.
– All of your marketing has to work together to gradually persuade prospects that they should choose you.
– That’s particularly true for your online marketing because today’s dental prospects overwhelmingly begin their search for a dentist online.
– Your website, your blog, and your social media have to present a consistent impression of you and your staff.
– Your online patient testimonials have to reinforce that impression.
– Better dental patients want to know 3 things.
– Number 1: Will you understand my dental issues and not judge me?
– Number 2: Can I trust you to take good care of me?
– Number 3: Will choosing you as my dentist make my life better?
– In short, the relationship aspect of choosing a dentist is even more important to better patients than price.
– Most dentists struggle to answer those questions in their marketing.
– And they’re too busy seeing too many patients for not enough money to revamp their marketing.
– That’s where SmartBox comes in.
– SmartBox provides a steady stream of better patients to dentists so they can focus on actually doing the dentistry – but with better patients and much higher case values.
– If you want to make dentistry everything it was always supposed to be, here’s your first step.
– Visit smartboxdentalmarketing.com and reserve your no-cost, no-obligation Practice Discovery Session™.
– It’s a 25-minute phone call that results in a completely personalized Patient Attraction Roadmap.
– The Roadmap will give you recommendations for thriving in spite of the competition in your market.
– And your Patient Attraction Roadmap™ is completely free, and there’s no obligation.
– Your path to getting better patients in your chairs requires a 25-minute investment of your time.
– You can make that investment or keep working too hard for too long for too little.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.