Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1158
Corporate dental practices are eating independent dentists’ lunch all over the country. If you don’t have one or more of the dental chains in your market, it’s only a matter of time until you’ll be facing competition that can undercut you on price at every turn. However, you don’t have to go without lunch if you learn how to work less, earn more, and enjoy life again. Does that sound like a fairy tale? After the break, I’ll tell you how to shift your practice to the high ground that corporate practices can’t occupy. Stay tuned.
– I’m Colin Receveur, CEO of SmartBox.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I talk with dentists from every part of the United States.
– And I hear the horror stories about what happens when corporate dentistry establishes a strong presence in a market.
– Don’t get me wrong – corporate dentistry isn’t necessarily causing dentists to close shop, although it does happen.
– But most dentists find that their revenues take a beating from being undercut by the chains.
– Look, aside from a few billionaires with more money than God, nobody thinks they’re overpaid.
– And dentists work hard for their money.
– Working hard for less doesn’t make sense.
– But it’s going to happen if you try to compete where the dental chains are strong.
– So it’s time to change the playing field to something that favors your team.
– There’s a higher ground in almost every market.
– If your practice is going to thrive in the face of increased competition, you’ve got to move to that higher ground and stake your claim.
– The higher ground is composed of dental patients who wouldn’t be caught dead in a corporate practice.
– Those prospects have the discretionary income to be choosy about the dentist they select.
– They’re not motivated very much by discounts or insurance.
– And as a rule, they’re fiercely loyal to the right dentist.
– They value relationship just as much as they do expertise.
– Corporate dentistry has problems with doctor-patient relationships.
– It’s fairly common for a patient to never see the same dentist twice.
– You won’t be competing against the dental chains if you can refocus your marketing to attract the better prospects in your market.
– Your marketing has to convince them that you’re not only the expert – you’re also likeable, relatable, and trustworthy.
– All your marketing has to convey that message – your website, your blog, your social media, and your offline marketing.
– If you’ve been competing on price, specials, discounts, and insurance, it may be hard to adopt a different marketing mindset.
– But honestly, what’s the alternative in the face of all this competition?
– You can keep working too hard for too little, or you can change.
– But there is a guide to help you make that change.
– I know, because I wrote it and it was just published in April.
– It’s called Rise UP! The Keys to Ultimate Dental Practice Success.
– This book will tell you everything involved in switching from a volume-based practice to a practice based on attracting better patients representing greater case value.
– You’re probably familiar with Dr. David Moffet of the Ultimate Patient Experience.
– He was kind enough to contribute the foreword to this book, and here’s part of what he wrote.
– “I’m excited about this book …
– “… and I’m looking forward to seeing the growth of the dental offices that apply the principles and systems that are explained on the pages inside.
– “This book is a game-changer.
– “Read it once, and then reread it. Then read it again.
– “Highlight it. Write in it. Bend the corners of the pages.
– “But most importantly, use the information inside this book.
– “Put the ideas and concepts into action in your dental office.
– “These ideas are not theories. They are tried and proven.
– “You owe it to yourself and to your family to build the best possible dental office that you can.
– “And you owe it to the people of your community that they find out about you, because you are the best dentist around.”
– Spend of couple of bucks for shipping and handling, and the book is yours.
– Order your copy at UltimateDentalPracticeSuccess.com.
– It’s the best investment you’ll make this decade.
– And you can begin to enjoy life again instead of being chained to your operatories.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.