Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 933
No two dental markets are exactly the same, and no two markets respond exactly the same to the end-of-year holidays. How will you deal with your holiday rush, or lack of a rush? Stay tuned – I’ll be back after the break to share some marketing tips for getting more patients in chairs during December.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction PodcastTM.
– I don’t think that December should be a wasted opportunity for dentists.
– It doesn’t matter whether you’ve had a great year and you’re coasting to the finish.
– Or if you’ve had a terrible year, and you’re just hoping that 2017 will be better.
– December can still be an excellent moneymaker for dental practices without burning out the staff.
– The trick is to get the highest possible case value so that you and your staff don’t have to work as hard to make a lot of money.
– Let’s look at one of the reasons that people visit the dentist during the holiday season.
– Those people want to look their best for those holiday parties and photos.
– You might think that means whitening treatments, and it does, but it can mean so much more.
– Few people have perfect teeth, so why not explore a package deal on whitening, dental bonding, and veneers?
– If you can upsell your patients on additional treatments that they really want anyway, and save them money in the process, everybody wins.
– The key is to sell the benefits of the package rather than the techniques.
– That holds true for all your marketing, year-round.
– People don’t care about techniques, they care about how the work you do will make them feel and how it’ll change their lives.
– For the “holiday” package, your patients will have smiles that dazzle and tons of self-confidence.
– They can relax and enjoy themselves during the holidays.
– Another reason people see the dentist in December is to take advantage of their health savings accounts and remaining dental benefits.
– You should be sending out end-of-year letters to your patient base right now reminding them that HSAs and insurance are “use-or-lose.”
– But again, stress the benefits in your letters: saving (or not losing) money, getting work done they’ve always wanted, and so on.
– Sell people on the value, and they won’t quibble nearly as much about price.
– The holidays aside, there’s a way to not have slow periods at all.
– Dr. CJ Landry, a dentist in Marrero, Louisiana, discovered that secret.
– “In dentistry, it’s cyclical. You’ll have busy times and slow times.
– “Since we started with SmartBox, we’re not really having the slow times. I’m actually working harder and more than I did before, by my choice.
– If you’d like to see whether you can benefit the way Dr. Landry has, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com/blueprint and schedule a Patient Attraction System Blueprint™ Session. They are free to serious dentists who want to see a patient attraction system that can double their practice. You can get more patients, more profits, and more freedom.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.