Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 933
No two dental markets are exactly the same, and no two markets respond exactly the same to the end-of-year holidays. How will you deal with your holiday rush, or lack of a rush? Stay tuned – I’ll be back after the break to share some marketing tips for getting more patients in chairs during December.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction PodcastTM.
– I don’t think that December should be a wasted opportunity for dentists.
– It doesn’t matter whether you’ve had a great year and you’re coasting to the finish.
– Or if you’ve had a terrible year, and you’re just hoping that 2017 will be better.
– December can still be an excellent moneymaker for dental practices without burning out the staff.
– The trick is to get the highest possible case value so that you and your staff don’t have to work as hard to make a lot of money.
– Let’s look at one of the reasons that people visit the dentist during the holiday season.
– Those people want to look their best for those holiday parties and photos.
– You might think that means whitening treatments, and it does, but it can mean so much more.
– Few people have perfect teeth, so why not explore a package deal on whitening, dental bonding, and veneers?
– If you can upsell your patients on additional treatments that they really want anyway, and save them money in the process, everybody wins.
– The key is to sell the benefits of the package rather than the techniques.
– That holds true for all your marketing, year-round.
– People don’t care about techniques, they care about how the work you do will make them feel and how it’ll change their lives.
– For the “holiday” package, your patients will have smiles that dazzle and tons of self-confidence.
– They can relax and enjoy themselves during the holidays.
– Another reason people see the dentist in December is to take advantage of their health savings accounts and remaining dental benefits.
– You should be sending out end-of-year letters to your patient base right now reminding them that HSAs and insurance are “use-or-lose.”
– But again, stress the benefits in your letters: saving (or not losing) money, getting work done they’ve always wanted, and so on.
– Sell people on the value, and they won’t quibble nearly as much about price.
– The holidays aside, there’s a way to not have slow periods at all.
– Dr. CJ Landry, a dentist in Marrero, Louisiana, discovered that secret.
– “In dentistry, it’s cyclical. You’ll have busy times and slow times.
– “Since we started with SmartBox, we’re not really having the slow times. I’m actually working harder and more than I did before, by my choice.
– If you’d like to see whether you can benefit the way Dr. Landry has, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com/blueprint and schedule a Patient Attraction System Blueprint™ Session. They are free to serious dentists who want to see a patient attraction system that can double their practice. You can get more patients, more profits, and more freedom.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.