Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 183
Research shows us that SEO leads have about a 15% close rate, while outbound leads (such as direct mail or print advertising) have a close rate closer to 2 percent. If you want to find out how to maximize your SEO efforts, stay tuned.
– It is Friday, August 1 and we are continuing our look at search engine optimization.
– I am Colin Receveur, and yesterday we looked at SEO basics.
– Today we are going to look at SEO in more detail.
– For those who have been involved in it a while, you might remember that meta descriptions were very important once upon a time.
– Meta descriptions used to set for each web page for search engine spiders to index the page.
– That is not the case anymore, as search engines spiders crawl the whole page now.
– But meta descriptions are still important, as that is the information that shows up as a summary on a search engine results page.
– You may also want to know when will you start seeing results.
– Unfortunately, SEO marketing doesn’t happen overnight.
– That is why we offer SEO along with other types of marketing.
– It can take a few months for Google’s spiders to index your site and all of the mentions about you across the Internet.
– It also depends on how often people are visiting your site, how long they stay, how often they click links from other sites to your site, how often they mention you on social media, and on and on and on.
– It is so complicated that there are companies that focus exclusively on SEO marketing.
– SEO marketing is a long-term investment to get to the top of the search results page and a lot of nurturing to keep it there.
– Let me talk about a couple of computer programmer type things here.
– You do not have to write code to do SEO, but there are some higher-level SEO things that require coding.
– There are ways to see which pages search engines have indexed and ways to give search engines information about the pages you want indexed and crawled.
– If that has your head spinning, don’t worry.
– It leads me to my final point:
– Yes, you need someone to help you with your SEO.
– I have an SEO team to do this for me and our clients, and web marketing is my full-time business and passion.
– As a dentist, your time is not best spent managing your SEO.
– Just like you wouldn’t answer your own phones or handle your own billing, you should stick to what you do best and leave complicated aspects of marketing like SEO to people who specialize in it.
– But if you want to ignore my advice, let me tell you about my book, “Attract More Patients in the Next Six Months Than in the Last Six Years.” The book is the culmination of all my marketing expertise, and it can be yours for only the $4.97 cost of shipping at www.MoreAndBetterPatients.com.
– If you’re ready to discover what my clients know that you don’t about attracting patients online, you should schedule a Patient Attraction Blueprint Session. They are free to serious dentists who want to see a patient attraction system that can double their practice. For more information, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com/blueprint.
– Have a great weekend and until next time, keep moving forward.