Patient Attraction Episode 259
No one likes when negative things are said about them. For a business, especially a healthcare provider like a dentist, negative online reviews can not only hurt personally, but they can hurt financially as well. I’m going to tell you more when we return.
– Hi everyone, Colin Receveur here on this Monday, Nov. 17.
– We’re going to spend today and the next three days talking about online reviews.
– Today, we’re going to start with the worst-case scenario: bad reviews.
– Now, I’m not going to try to give you a big scare tactic as some online reputation-management companies are doing.
– You know, the ones that send you emails with headlines like:
– “How Negative Reviews Can Kill Your Dental Practice”
– But in some ways, you should be scared.
– Online reviews are the new word-of-mouth advertising in the 21st century.
– According to the Boston Consulting Group, 90% of locals said positive ratings influence their decision to visit or buy from a business, and 72% said they trust online reviews as much as recommendations from their friends and family.
– Other research shows that 93 percent of people who conduct research on review sites typically make a purchase at the businesses they look up.
– How much does it matter how many stars you get?
– According to Google, business listings that had at least 3-star reviews took 41 out of 47 clicks.
– But how many people really pay attention to online reviews? That’s just for younger people, right?
– Research says that 78% of online Americans aged 18-64 agree that online reviews help them decide whether to purchase a product.
– So you can’t just stick your head in the sand and ignore online reviews.
– Whether you have a website or not, online reviews are out there about you.
– And don’t assume because your staff is nice and you do good work that all of your reviews are good.
– They’re not going away, and they are influencing potential patients.
– Remember, reviews come up when someone Google searches you, whether from Google itself, Yelp or other review sites.
– I mention Yelp because it is a major player and the subject of my podcast tomorrow.
– If you’d like to know much more about online reviews, you should get a copy of my book “Attract More Patients in the Next Six Months Than in the Last Six Years.” The book is the culmination of all my marketing expertise, and it can be yours for only the $4.97 cost of shipping at www.MoreAndBetterPatients.com.
– Keep Moving Forward.