Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 498
You’ve planned and launched your content marketing campaign. Now what? I’ll tell you when we return.
– Colin here, and welcome to the final day of our look at dental content marketing.
– For the last few days, we’ve looked at the why and how of using content to market your dental practice.
– We’ve talked about how to promote that content so that more people see it.
– So what’s left?
– For some dentists, nothing.
– They would put in all that work, send their content into the world, and then expect the new patients to come rolling in.
– But you, the ones savvy enough to watch this podcast, know that you have to track and revise.
– So how do dentists know whether their content marketing campaign worked?
– First, let’s go back to our first podcast in this series.
– What were your goals?
– What it to generate more or better leads?
– That’s pretty easy to track with web forms and tracking numbers.
– Was it to generate new appointments?
– Same thing: pretty easy to cross reference who signed up to get your content with who scheduled new patient exams.
– Was it to generate brand recognition?
– That’s a little harder to track.
– That might require looking at “softer” numbers like website visits, Facebook fan increases, or blog comments.
– Second, look at your ROI.
– How much did you put into the campaign in terms of hours and dollars?
– What did that cost you?
– Now compare that with how many new appointments or leads you generated.
– What is a new lead or patient worth to your dental practice?
– It will be clear whether the number of new leads or patients totaled the cost of the campaign.
– Of course, content marketing doesn’t “end” until you pull the content.
– Your content will continue to do its job as long as you make it available.
– So you must look at the results over time to evaluate its success.
– Finally, and this will sound so simple, find what works and keep doing it.
– Find what doesn’t work and stop doing it.
– I hope you’ve enjoyed this look at content marketing.
– If you’re ready to discover what my clients know that you don’t about attracting patients online, you should schedule a Patient Attraction Blueprint Session. They are free to serious dentists who want to see a patient attraction system that can double their practice. For more information, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com/blueprint.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.