Patient Attraction Episode 498
You’ve planned and launched your content marketing campaign. Now what? I’ll tell you when we return.
– Colin here, and welcome to the final day of our look at dental content marketing.
– For the last few days, we’ve looked at the why and how of using content to market your dental practice.
– We’ve talked about how to promote that content so that more people see it.
– So what’s left?
– For some dentists, nothing.
– They would put in all that work, send their content into the world, and then expect the new patients to come rolling in.
– But you, the ones savvy enough to watch this podcast, know that you have to track and revise.
– So how do dentists know whether their content marketing campaign worked?
– First, let’s go back to our first podcast in this series.
– What were your goals?
– What it to generate more or better leads?
– That’s pretty easy to track with web forms and tracking numbers.
– Was it to generate new appointments?
– Same thing: pretty easy to cross reference who signed up to get your content with who scheduled new patient exams.
– Was it to generate brand recognition?
– That’s a little harder to track.
– That might require looking at “softer” numbers like website visits, Facebook fan increases, or blog comments.
– Second, look at your ROI.
– How much did you put into the campaign in terms of hours and dollars?
– What did that cost you?
– Now compare that with how many new appointments or leads you generated.
– What is a new lead or patient worth to your dental practice?
– It will be clear whether the number of new leads or patients totaled the cost of the campaign.
– Of course, content marketing doesn’t “end” until you pull the content.
– Your content will continue to do its job as long as you make it available.
– So you must look at the results over time to evaluate its success.
– Finally, and this will sound so simple, find what works and keep doing it.
– Find what doesn’t work and stop doing it.
– I hope you’ve enjoyed this look at content marketing.
– If you’re ready to discover what my clients know that you don’t about attracting patients online, you should schedule a Patient Attraction Blueprint Session. They are free to serious dentists who want to see a patient attraction system that can double their practice. For more information, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com/blueprint.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.