Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 895
It’s time for dentists to think long-term about their marketing. The next big thing on the horizon is the rise of the Internet of Things, or IoT. I’ll be back after the break to tell what IoT is and why you need to be prepared to use it to attract more new dental patients in the future.
– Thanks for joining me for this episode of the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– When the internet first came into widespread use, the only way to access it was by a desktop computer.
– Laptops weren’t widely used, and tablets, notebook computers, and smartphones hadn’t been invented.
– As the internet went mobile, marketers had to adjust so that their content would load quickly, display properly, and hold viewers’ attention on the smaller screens.
– People now access the internet over smart watches, TV screens, and a host of other devices.
– Even some everyday devices in the home are connected, like thermostats and alarm systems.
– The connectivity trend is creating the Internet of Things, and it will force you to reevaluate how you market online.
– One recent prediction is that search will become more responsive to queries without needing to display search engine results pages.
– We already have an example of that with Google’s Answer Box.
– Someone looking for the cooking time for chicken doesn’t need a website, just the right answer.
– That means that your website may become less important as time goes on.
– But the IoT offers more opportunities as well.
– Imagine being able to send an appointment reminder to your patient’s refrigerator as well as their smartphone.
– The Internet of Things will take time to develop and to catch on, but you don’t want to be caught unprepared.
– Stay abreast of the trends and be ready to shift your marketing approach as everything you know about internet marketing evolves.
– Dr. Lawrence Fox in Burke, Virginia, decided to leave the staying current on the internet to SmartBox.
– I’m not all that savvy on the internet with marketing and things like that.
– I just know that’s not my thing.
– I liked what Colin had to say.
– We got in touch with SmartBox and felt like we needed to make that change, so we left our other marketing expert and turned to you guys, and we’re happy we did.
– Keep watching the Patient Attraction Podcast, and I’ll let you how the Internet of Things is progressing.
– Until next time, keep moving forward.