Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 427
Think about your dental practice. What are you doing to follow-up with prospects who visit your website? How about those who call your office for more information? Are you doing anything, or do you leave it up to them to do the work? After the break, I’m going to tell you how to fix that problem. Stay tuned.
– Colin here, and today I want to talk about what is likely the most forgotten part of web marketing: follow-up.
– If you are not using a program like Infusionsoft to automate your communication, follow-up can be a very manual, tedious process.
– That’s probably why so many dentists just choose not to do it.
– Today, I want to talk about two types of follow-up that can make a big difference in your practice.
– First, let’s talk about social media marketing.
– If you’ve watched this podcast for any length of time, you know I am not as high on social media marketing as some others in this industry.
- No New Patients
- Fewer than 5% of your followers see your posts.
– But there are some pros to paid Facebook marketing:
- Re-targeting via Perfect Audience
- Specific targeting via custom audiences
– The second method for successfully implementing follow-up is advertising lures.
– These include:
- Free Reports
- White Papers
- Press Release
- Video Emails
- Hardcopy Printed Book
- Shock & Awe Packages
- Specific Email Series
– Those aren’t the only methods of automatic communication, of course.
– You could use emails, postcards, texts, letters, etc.
– But why should dentists use automated communication at all?
- Remember, the National Sales Executives Association says 90% of sales close after 7-12 touches.
- Google reports that the average buyer uses 10.4 info sources before making a decision.
– Here is a very basic example of how effective automated marketing can be:
– 1 prospect per day gets 1 message per month
– That would total 360 prospect per year getting 4,320 messages!
– A more common scenario is that you send prospects a monthly newsletter and two email messages per month.
– In the first year, that makes 12,960 messages per year.
– Year two is 25,920 messages per year.
– By the end of the 3rd year, you have sent 77,760 emails!
– Do you want to do that by hand?
– Probably not.
– So most dentists just won’t reach out to those 360 prospects per year.
– And then they’ll wonder why they can’t grow their practice.
– Come back tomorrow and we’ll talk about the final pillar: tracking.
– Until then, keep moving forward.