Patient Attraction Episode 421
Not attracting the patients you want? Come back after the break, and I’ll tell you why.
– Colin here, and thanks for joining me for the second day of our look at the presentation I gave last month at the Townie meeting in Las Vegas.
– We’re talking about how a systems-based patient attraction system can bring you the patients YOU want.
– So in the average market area with an average marketing campaign, you should be attracting:
– 50 phone calls after 6 months online
– and 100 phone calls after 12 months online
– Big market areas = more new patients
– Higher patient to dentist ratio = more new patients
– More aggressive marketing = more new patients
– Are those the numbers you are seeing?
– Probably not.
– Here are the common reasons for lack of success:
- Lack of new patients
- Corporate dentistry take-over
- Ineffective marketing systems
- Need the right kind of patients
- No freedom and personal life
– Successful marketing is a combination of three things:
– Presenting the right message to the right audience at the right time.
– But what worked, what works, and what will work changes regularly.
– There are an unlimited number of pieces in the puzzle.
– But the core principles remain the same.
– Think about how you buy a new car vs. how you renew your driver’s license.
– You can also think about Mail Order => YellowPages => Internet.
– So how do dentists find success?
– One way is not to mistake tools for the end results.
– For instance, consider Amazon vs. your practice.
– Look at your dream home/lake house.
– You leverage tools to get results.
– How do you define success?
– Let’s look at clicks vs. calls.
– Hits and clicks do not equal results.
– Facebook Likes do not equal results.
– Twitter followers do not equal results.
– Even #1 rankings do not equal results.
– What Are Your Results?
– 35,000 clicks later…
– $150,000 spent later…
– 40 “flip cam” videos later…
– 5,000 Facebook Likes later…
– 150 1st-page Google rankings later…
– …did the phone ring?
– Come back tomorrow and we’ll talk about your we-we problem.
– Just as a reminder, to get a copy of my presentation and much more information, text the word “Attract” to (502) 442-2513.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.