Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 458
Today is Thursday, June 18, and a significant day in the history of Western Europe. I’ll tell you what that has to do with dental web marketing when we return.
– Welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– I am Colin Receveur, CEO and founder of SmartBox Web Marketing and history buff.
– I have gotten some good comments on my history-based podcasts, so I thought I would give you another one today.
– As college-educated people, I am sure you are all familiar with Napoleon and the way he dominated Europe in the late 1700s and early 1800s.
– It was a long time ago but still has repercussions and lessons for us today.
– I won’t bore you with the tale of Napoleon.
– You are all high school and college graduates.
– But today is the day that Napoleon was defeated at Waterloo in central Belgium.
– After 23 years of French military mastery, the lilliputian general and an army of 72,000 French troops was defeated by a combined army of 113,000 from Britain, Holland, Belgium, and Prussia.
– And so Napoleon, one of the greatest military strategist and tacticians the world has ever seen, was defeated by overwhelming combined forces.
– As I prepared this podcast, I wanted to draw a parallel between dentists and one of the two sides.
– I realized that dentists often are one or the other side, depending on their situation.
– Sometimes dentists are Napoleon: a skilled, masterful expert being overwhelmed by the forces of commercial dental operations, the economy, insurance companies, etc.
– These are the dentists who need help, who are on the verge of defeat and exile to their own personal island of St. Helena, like Napoleon.
– But some dentists are like the allied armies.
– They have cobbled together a group of people to help them succeed against the most formidable challenge of all: failure.
– These dentists have joined forces with a practice management consultant, a telephone training consultant, dental training experts, and a marketing team to help promote it all.
– These dentists recognize that it takes a coalition of forces in the modern age to overcome failure, which has been defeating fantastic dentists since dentistry began.
– Can you overcome failure?
– Today is an historic day for another reason: It is the birthday of the late British explorer George Mallory.
– George Mallory died trying to climb Mount Everest in 1924.
– It took 75 years to find his body, still frozen, perfectly preserved, 2,000 feet from the summit of the mountain.
– George Mallory is not famous because he failed.
– He is famous because he tried.
– When asked before his fatal attempt why he wanted to climb the highest mountain in the world, he replied simply, “Because it is there.”
– Why do you want to climb the mountain of stress and aggravation and hassle and frustration to reach the peak of success?
– “Because it is there.”
– When you’re ready to form your coalition to defeat failure, when you’re ready to start your climb to the peak of success, we’ll be here to help.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.