Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1178
Have you ever heard this old joke? One guy asks, “How goes the rat race?” The other guy says, “I think the rats are winning.” I don’t think that dentistry is supposed to be anything like a rat race, but it sure seems to be for way too many dentists. They’re running between rooms trying to keep up with a ridiculously busy schedule. And the “cheese” isn’t even all that good. Those dentists are working too hard for too long for too little. When we come back, I’ll tell you how to drop out of the rat race for good. Stay tuned.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur, CEO of SmartBox.
– I think it’s safe to say that the U.S. economy has recovered from the Great Recession.
– Numbers are up overall while unemployment is nearing record lows.
– With this ongoing boom, more and more people are looking for dental care.
– That sounds great until you consider what the vast majority of prospects want.
– They want the least amount of care at the lowest price.
– And they want the lowest price because, despite recent small gains, wages have been pretty much flat for more than a decade.
– People are working, but they can’t afford a lot of dental care because the cost of dental services has far outgrown their ability to pay.
– Crowds of low-value patients pretty much define the dental rat race … with bad cheese.
– The dentists I talk with tell me they’re practically running from room to room.
– They’re not just booked, they’re overbooked.
– A lot of practices have extended their hours or even remained open an additional day to cope with the flood.
– So they’re working too hard for too long for too little in return.
– This is a lousy way to run a dental practice – unless you have no outside life.
– Dr. Scott Watterson of Jackson, Michigan, has a life, and he wants to focus more on that.
– He said, “I have 4 kids and a wife and we’re all busy, but sometimes being busy practicing dentistry is not what I want to be busy doing.
– “I coach soccer, I am involved with my kids’ lives, I value my marriage, and we spend a lot of time together, but not enough.
– “And so, at the end of the day, at the end of life, I want to be able to look back and say I spent the time I needed to with those that mattered most.
– “I feel SmartBox is going to make a big difference in my practice moving forward.
– “And so, that’s what my goal is.”
– Does that sound like a pipe dream to you?
– If so, I understand.
– You’re probably too caught up in the rat race to look up and see that there’s more out there.
– There’s an old saying – when you’re up to your butt in alligators, it’s hard to remember that your original intention was to drain the swamp.
– So, we’ve got rats, and alligators, and dentists who are half killing themselves for not enough in return.
– Enough, already.
– Let’s end this.
– SmartBox provides a steady stream of better patients to our doctors so they can focus on doing the dentistry.
– But they get to do the dentistry on many more better patients.
– Those are patients with the ability and willingness to pay more for the right dentist.
– Better patients make up about 30 percent of most markets, so it’s not like there’s a shortage.
– With better patients providing much higher average case value, you don’t have to work nearly as hard to make more money than you are now.
– And that gives you time for living and enjoying life.
– If you’re ready to quit the dental rat race, here’s what you need to do.
– Visit smartboxdentalmarketing.com and reserve your free, no-obligation Practice Discovery Session™.
– We’ll schedule a 25-minute phone call with you at a convenient time.
– The results from that call will allow us to create your completely personalized Patient Attraction Roadmap™.
– Your free, no-obligation Roadmap will give you recommendations for thriving in your market.
– You don’t have to let the rats win – in fact, you don’t even have to race anymore when you partner with SmartBox.
– The “cheese” is a whole lot better, too.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.