Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
A survey released last year regarding search on mobile phones provided some eye-opening information. In this two-day series, I’ll tell you what the survey revealed, and why dentists absolutely must have mobile-optimized versions of their websites. Stay tuned; I’ll be back after the break.
– How often did people search on their smartphones in 2015?
– The answer may surprise you.
– Welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– I’m your host, Colin Receveur.
– A 2015 study looked at mobile phone search habits and what the most important things are to the searchers.
– 77 percent of those surveyed said that they used their phone to search one or more times in last year.
– And the number who searched weekly or daily was a whopping 24 percent!
– That’s right: 1 in 4 people surveyed used their phone to search at least once a week in the last year.
– The only thing surprising to me about that number is how low it is.
– That number is only going to skyrocket as smartphones become the only option for consumers in the future.
– Here’s something that’s just as surprising, but vital for dentists to know: 27 percent performed a phone search for a doctor or dentist in 2015.
– MORE than 1 in 4 potential patients searched with their phone.
– If your website isn’t optimized for mobile viewing, those people probably won’t spend any time there.
– Instead, they’ll find other dentists.
– And they’re lost to you.
– In fact, doctors and dentists placed fourth on this list out of 20 categories.
– I’m sorry to say that you were also beat by searches for shopping.
– And bars.
– The survey also showed that mobile search has increased significantly in just the last two years.
– In fact, the number of people who have NEVER searched on their mobile device declined 16 percent to just under a quarter of those surveyed.
– And the number that searched every week increased 6 percent in the same period.
– Mobile phone search is big, and it’s growing.
– Some of the increase may be due to more smartphones in the hands of more people.
– Some may be due to the introduction of mobile apps like Foursquare, Yelp, and others.
– But the survey revealed that the greatest number – 50 percent – prefer to use their device’s browser.
– And just to drive home the point that dentists’ websites MUST be mobile-friendly:
– 61 percent – nearly 2 out of 3 – of those surveyed are more likely to contact a business with a mobile site.
– So, if you want new patients to find you when they search, you’d better be available through phone search.
– More and more smartphones, tablets, and iPads in the hands of more and more people.
– Searches with mobile devices increasing.
– And more than one in four people using a mobile device to find a doctor or dentist.
– In tomorrow’s podcast, I’ll discuss what people expect to find on your mobile site, and why you should meet those expectations.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.