Patient Attraction Episode 545: Harness the Power of Natural Links and Link Building
Would I be doing this is if there was no such thing as Google PageRank? That’s the question you need to be asking yourself when creating links on your website. It seems like an easy enough test, but you’d be surprised how many marketers and web developers get themselves in hot water with Google by creating deceptive and unnatural links. When we come back, I’ll share some ways you can create healthy, natural links that will build your SEO and improve the credibility of your website. Stay tuned.
– Colin again, and welcome to the Sunday edition of the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– “I know it when I see it.”
– Those were the words spoken by U.S. Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart when asked to define obscenity.
– I’m reminded of that famous comment when asked about natural links and unnatural links and the effect each has on SEO and Google page rankings.
– While we cannot say for sure what Google classifies as an unnatural or natural link, they sure know it when they see it.
– Yesterday I told you that marketers sometimes use unnatural links in the form of oddly placed links or even suspicious guest posts to receive backlinks.
– Google frowns upon any link that is solely placed with the intention of boosting your SEO and/or duping its sophisticated algorithm.
– Luckily, there are still plenty of organic ways to develop natural links and link-building campaigns that help your SEO value and improve the quality of your site.
– In this game, content is king.
– If you develop great content with quality links, you’ll never have to worry about violating Google’s strict policy on unnatural links.
– Quality inbound links increase your exposure and your Google rankings.
– Here are some ways to ensure you are staying on Google’s good side:
- Develop educational and informative content for your readers and link to credible sites that offer a different view or additional information.
– It’s best to make sure your links go to permanent sites like the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or the ADA.
- Create a steady blog that addresses the latest topics in dentistry and then link to authoritative websites.
– These blogs can also attract inbound links, or links from other websites and even social media users.
- Issue press releases about your latest dental training or your new office program.
– Press releases can attract inbound links from news agencies, bloggers, or other websites looking for authoritative information.
- Finally, no link-building campaign would be complete without quality videos.
– Websites with embedded videos are 3 times more likely to earn inbound links from social media users or bloggers.
– Understand that even though Google is on the prowl for unnatural links, there is nothing wrong with promoting yourself or your practice using natural links.
– If you’d like me to evaluate your website and tell you how it can be improved, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com, go to the Learn tab, click Products, and then click on The Swift Kick Dental Website Review about halfway down the page. You can order a customized 30-minute video critique of your site, social media presence, online patient reviews, dental videos and more using our 131-point dental web marketing checklist.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.