Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1143
You’re certainly aware that competition between dental practices is at an all-time high. What you may not know is that it’s going to get worse. More new dental school grads, more corporate dental practices, and more cost shifting by insurance companies to patients will erode your patient base. Fortunately, there is something you can do that will not only stop the erosion but actually grow your practice. I’ll be back after the break to tell you about my first book of 2018. Stay tuned.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– The U.S. economy looked really good through all of 2016 and 2017.
– That doesn’t mean a correction isn’t coming – it is.
– History teaches that every boom is followed by a contraction.
– But for now, businesspeople in the U.S. are feeling optimistic.
– The thing about economic growth is that it puts more competitors on the playing field.
– The growth in competition can outpace the growth in demand, leaving each business struggling for enough customers.
– Dental practices aren’t immune to this problem.
– Barring something like well-funded universal dental care, there are only so many potential dental prospects in any market.
– If you’re getting paid less for each patient, you’ll need more of them to make any money.
– Okay, enough doom and gloom.
– If you act quickly, you can prevent the ground beneath your dental practice from eroding.
– In fact, you can even grow and thrive in the face of adverse conditions.
– That’s the basis of my upcoming book – Rise UP: The Keys to Ultimate Dental Practice Success.
– When you read this book, you’ll learn how to take the high ground in your market.
– That high ground comes with a lot of advantages, not the least of which is that you’ll make a lot more money.
– And you’ll be able to expand your patient base, even in the face of increased competition.
– Not to mention making dental insurance pretty much irrelevant to your success.
– You’ll also get a wealth of knowledge from SmartBox experts to help you make your practice marketing a new patient delivery machine.
– The book will be available later this month, and I’ll give you ordering information in a later podcast.
– You might be wondering why I’m putting out this book when my previous book, The Four Horsemen of Dentistry, came out just last year.
– The answer is that not all dental practices are the same.
– That’s not just in terms of the services they offer.
– They also differ in the competitive landscape in their markets.
– Some practices dominate because they have relatively little competition.
– Some are successful because they have a great marketing approach and provide a superior patient experience.
– If your practice is successful and you want it to become even more so, my new book is for you.
– What I describe in Rise UP Slipping Away is a strategy that successful and even dominant practices can use to grow even more – no matter why they’re successful.
– Practices that aren’t as successful as they want to be can use this information to safeguard their patient base and grow.
– The economy is moving into a “grow or perish” state of competition.
– Don’t let the ground erode from under your dental practice.
– Follow the Patient Attraction Podcast™ to learn how to get your copy.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.