Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 812
Google is hungry for great, fresh content, but a lot of great content doesn’t go anywhere. After the break, I’ll be back to tell you how dentists can get their great content the recognition it deserves. Stay tuned.
– I’m Colin Receveur, founder and CEO of SmartBox Web Marketing.
– Welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– Google loves great content that’s fresh, authoritative, and answers searchers’ questions.
– But great content alone isn’t a guarantee of online success.
– There’s some great content on the Internet that hardly anyone has seen.
– Why? Because it hasn’t been promoted properly.
– You may have written the definitive article on treating gingivitis, but if it’s just sitting on your website and social media, it won’t get found.
– See if you can share your content with other blogs or websites.
– Encourage readers to leave comments, and respond to those comments.
– Get as many valid backlinks as you can.
– Backlinks to your dental content from other relevant, reputable sites will get greater recognition by Google.
– And your great content for dental patients will be featured higher in search results.
– Sometimes, there’s a cascade effect where one piece of your content is promoted successfully and it leads to more views and backlinks to your website or social media.
– That can cause at least some of your other content to rank higher.
– Most of your traffic comes from a fraction of your content.
– One company with a tremendous amount of online content found that nearly half of its traffic came from just one-half of 1 percent of its posts.
– That may be discouraging, but it confirms what I said about promoting your content.
– One highly promoted post can gain you a lot of prospective dental patients.
– Of course, you have to have the right short-tail and long-tail keywords and metadata, too, so don’t overlook the SEO aspect of posting online.
– Of course, you can also turn the whole business of creating and promoting great content over to someone else.
– That’s what Randy Schmidt, an orthodontist in the Chicago area, did by becoming a SmartBox dentist.
– Here’s what he said during a video session: “A warm thank you to Colin Receveur for bringing our practice into the 21st century with Google SEO, which is proving to be very successful.
– “I thought I’d take this moment to thank you, Colin, for building our website and getting us to the point that we’re actively promoting our practices on the web and through search engine optimization.”
– SmartBox Web Marketing works exclusively with select dental practices.
– We’ve helped hundreds of dentists get more patients, more profits, and more freedom.
– We can do the same for you.
– Be sure to watch our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.