Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 760
Google makes over 600 updates to its search algorithms and results page features every year. By any standard, that’s a manic pace. Last year had SEO specialists struggling to keep up, and 2016 looks like it might be worse. I’ll be back after the break to tell you what dentists need to know about Google Mania.
– I’m Colin Receveur, founder and CEO of SmartBox Web Marketing.
– Welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– 2016 looks like the busiest year yet for Google changes.
– No one outside of Google knows exactly what’s going to happen.
– But we can make some educated guesses.
– The first one is that the much-anticipated Penguin update WILL happen.
– And the screws will tighten on bad links.
– If you haven’t done a link audit and removed or disavowed bad links, do it now.
– The second and third changes have already happened.
– One is Google’s Answer Box.
– That’s the featured snippet at the top of the results page that looks something like a card.
– Google is positioning itself as the answer to search queries, not just an information facilitator.
– You really need to be in the Answer Box.
– So you need to optimize your content to answer queries fully but briefly.
– And lead searchers to your more detailed information.
– The second change, the recent removal of the right-side ads, leads to another challenge for dentists.
– With at least three paid ads “above the fold,” are you going to be seen?
– This is where claiming the top organic search slot, or even the top two or three, becomes critical.
– If your SEO isn’t up to the challenge, you might have to win an AdWords auction to keep your visibility.
– The good news is that, for now, Google isn’t reporting a big spike in AdWords rates.
– That may change, and quickly.
– So, in the face of Google Mania, how do you attract more dental patients?
– SmartBox Web Marketing works exclusively with select dental practices.
– We’ve helped hundreds of dentists get more patients, more profits, and more freedom.
– We can do the same for you.
– Join me for tomorrow’s podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.