Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 913
Last September, the people who pay attention to search engine placement results were utterly convinced that Google had changed its algorithm for determining online ranking in a big way. Google denied it, however. After the break, I’ll be back to explain what this means for dentists and why Google doesn’t care about you.
– I’m Colin Receveur, Founder & CEO of SmartBox Web Marketing.
– Thanks for tuning in to this episode of the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– Achieving a first-page organic search results ranking on Google is crucial for your success.
– That’s because most dental patients won’t look beyond the first page.
– So when Google shakes up search rankings, it can be bad news for you.
– You see, Google doesn’t care about you, or any other dentist.
– Google’s revenue streams come from selling online advertising.
– There’s a lot of competition for ad space, and if you don’t buy an ad, someone else will.
– Google’s focused on providing the best experience possible for its searchers.
– Your best insurance against being bumped down in search rankings is to make sure that your online content meets and exceeds Google’s requirements.
– That means producing fresh and original content on a regular basis.
– There’s no clear consensus on how often content should be updated, but every one to two weeks is a pretty good guide.
– Your content also has to have the latest in search engine optimization.
– Most dentists don’t have the inclination or the bandwidth to write blog posts and website articles with that kind of frequency.
– They also don’t have the inclination or bandwidth to make sure their content meets the E-A-T standard: Expert, Authoritative, and Trustworthy.
– So, even Google’s minor fluctuations can be bad news for dentists.
– I’m not a fan of dentists trying to do their own content marketing, much less trying to keep up with search engine optimization changes.
– Neither of those make you any money – you make money by seeing patients.
– This is one area where I recommend that dentists hire the services of a dental marketing firm.
– But one thing to ask any marketing firm is whether, and how, they understand dentistry and dental patients.
– Standard marketing principles don’t work well in dentistry.
– I’m the son of a dentist, and SmartBox Web Marketing works with more than 550 dentists on three continents to get them more patients, more profits, and more freedom.
– Everything we do is designed to drive new patients to your website and get them to pick up the phone.
– If you’d like me to evaluate your website and tell you how it can be improved, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com, go to the Resources tab, click Products, and then click on The Swift Kick Dental Website Review. You can order a customized 30-minute video critique of your site, social media presence, online patient reviews, dental videos, and more using our 131-point dental web marketing checklist.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.