Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1030
All dentistry is local, and Google is personalizing search results to favor local results where that’s appropriate. Dentists who want to be found by their prospects need to take steps to ensure they place high in local search. I’ll be right back to share 4 local search engine optimization steps that you absolutely must take.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– Your dental prospects are looking for dentists within a certain radius of their homes or workplaces.
– They overwhelmingly begin their searches online – by one estimate, 80 percent of people.
– The search environment is becoming increasingly competitive with fewer available places in first-page search results.
– Few people make it past the first page of search results, so dentists must show on page 1 to be found.
– That requires you to cover your SEO bases very carefully.
– Here are 4 tips for local search SEO.
– Number 1: Wherever possible, incorporate local search terms in your website copy.
– That doesn’t mean to pack as many keywords as possible into your copy, because Google penalizes that now.
– Try to include your city or county name naturally in your first paragraph on each page.
– Number 2: Make sure your practice appears on Google Maps.
– Your practice’s name, address, and phone number, or NAP, has to be the same across all your domains.
– That means your website, your blog, your Facebook page, and your YouTube page, to name a few.
– Get on as many major online directories as you can, such as Google My Business, Superpages, Yelp, and MapQuest.
– Number 3: Get legitimate links from as many local businesses and other sites as you can.
– The key word here is “legitimate,” because a lot of low-quality links are often worse than having only a few high-quality links.
– Number 4: Go local with your content.
– Most of your online content should involve dental issues and solutions, but not all of it.
– You can build interest and help your local SEO by referencing local events, causes, and personalities.
– Follow these 4 tips for SEO, and more of your local prospects will find you online.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.