Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 770
More and more businesses are “going green” in terms of energy usage and conservation, recycling, and waste management. Millennials are somewhat more likely than other generations to be in favor of environmentally friendly policies such as green energy development. I’ll be back after the break to discuss marketing your practice to the environmentally conscious.
– I’m Colin Receveur, and welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– A 2011 Pew survey found that millennials were more supportive of stricter environmental laws than other generations.
– They were also more likely to attribute global warming to human activity.
– And to favor green energy development.
– However, they were quicker to reject the label “environmentalist.”
– Going green with your practice not only makes good business sense; it can also help you stand out from the competition.
– And you can accomplish it without breaking the bank.
– The first step is to examine your energy use policies.
– Consider replacing any standard incandescent or fluorescent bulbs with LED lighting.
– LED lighting is more expensive, but you’ll realize tremendous energy savings over the life of a bulb.
– Look around your practice for other areas where you can save energy.
– Make sure your office computers sleep when not in use.
– Consider motion-activated lighting for restrooms and seldom-used areas.
– Ensuring reliable disposal of contaminated medical waste is already required.
– But you can save money and gain marketing points by going with the ADA-endorsed company HealthFirst.
– In February, ADA Business Services endorsed HealthFirst as the preferred provider for sharps and medical waste mailback disposal service.
– The ADA estimates that the average practice will save about $2,000 a year using HealthFirst.
– Make sure that you take credit for all of your energy conservation and environmental efforts.
– Send out a few emails, feature the changes in your newsletter, and talk it up on your website and social media platforms.
– Join me for tomorrow’s podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.