Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 454
Many of you left corporate dentistry or being an associate so you could run a dental practice the way YOU thought it should be run. But since “becoming your own boss, “ you have found that you now answer to a different master. We’ll talk more about this when we return.
– Happy Sunday, June 14.
– I’m Colin Receveur, founder and CEO of SmartBox Web Marketing.
– Yesterday, we talked about a response I got to a podcast http://smartboxdentalmarketing.com/podcast/viewers-agree-discounting-dental-fees-is-bad/ in which viewers responded to an earlier podcast http://smartboxdentalmarketing.com/podcast/resist-the-lure-of-discounted-fees/ where I encouraged dentists to stop discounting fees because it devalues what you do.
– Today, I want to look at another response I got on that same podcast.
– The response was:
– “I think one of the biggest problems is with the insurance companies.
– “Once you sign a contract no matter how long ago, they hold you to whatever they chose to do.
– “They have been cutting reimbursement and claim ’agreed upon or accepted fees by the doctor.’
– “Very difficult to deal with these companies.
– “Patients are more and more conscious of fees.”
– This dentist did not provide his name, so I won’t use it, but I will say that he works in San Francisco.
– I know many, many dentists look at insurance companies like the Empire in the “Star Wars “ movies.
– Well, if that is the case, call me Luke Skywalker, because I have a response that can help dentists move away from indentured servitude to the insurance companies and into the freedom of fee for service.
– Here is my response:
– “Insurance discounts are 2-3x what it costs to market a practice.
– “Insurances demand a 25-50% cut from regular fees.
– “Marketing a practice costs you 5-15%.”
– So by spending less money on marketing than you are losing to insurance companies, you could make more money.
– The classic example of addition by subtraction.
– If you’re ready to discover what my clients know that you don’t about attracting patients online, you should schedule a Patient Attraction Blueprint Session. They are free to serious dentists who want to see a patient attraction system that can double their practice. For more information, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com/blueprint.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.