Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1210
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I know thousands of dentists, and that’s no exaggeration.
– Out of those thousands of dentists, a handful have training in the principles of marketing.
– Yet the vast majority of dentists still try to handle their practice marketing on their own.
– That’s not necessarily a criticism of those dentists.
– I remember how many hats I had to wear until SmartBox grew to the point that I could hire trained professionals in different disciplines.
– I only wish I could have done it sooner.
– It was a huge relief when I took off those other hats, and I made more money, too.
– If you’re doing your own marketing, you should take off that hat.
– Differentiating yourself from your competitors is a time-intensive process.
– And it’s not the best use of your time.
– Differentiation is crucial because today, dentists are assumed to be competent.
– That’s both a blessing and a curse.
– If all dentists are competent, they’re commodities, and the only reason to choose one brand of commodity over another is price.
– It’s just like hunting for the lowest price on gas for your car.
– Don’t take offense at being labeled a commodity – that’s just how prospects think about dentists these days.
– If you’re going to attract the new patients you want rather than just getting what walks through your door, you have to give prospects reasons to choose you.
– That’s differentiation.
– When it comes to differentiating your dental practice from your competition, you can’t follow advice meant for completely different types of companies.
– As a dentist, you’re in the personal services industry just as much as you’re in the medical field.
– There’s not much that’s more personal than putting your hands inside someone’s mouth.
– Dentistry is a trust-based business, much more so than retail sales or business-to-business companies.
– You already have the assumption of competence working for you, but so do your competitors.
– So your differentiators need to focus on building trust and promoting the patient experience in your practice.
– Focus your marketing on those two factors, and you can make your practice a destination for the prospects you want.
– And prospects who care about more than price will become the patients you want to keep.
– But as I mentioned earlier, achieving that kind of difference takes time.
– And it won’t directly make you a single dollar.
– Attracting those better prospects and helping turn them into appointed patients is what SmartBox does for more than 550 dentists on 3 continents.
– Just ask Dr. James Kiehl of southern New Hampshire.
– He said, [“Since we’ve implemented our SmartBox Patient Attraction System, we’re definitely getting the quality patients that I want to see come into my practice.”
– SmartBox will keep a steady stream of more and better new patients coming into your practice.
– You get to focus on doing the dentistry – making money by seeing patients and solving their dental problems, not spending your time on your practice marketing.
– Discover what SmartBox’s Patient Attraction System™ can do for your practice by visiting smartboxdentalmarketing.com.
– Click on the “Get Started” button to reserve your free, no-obligation Practice Discovery Session™.
– Invest 25 minutes of your time to discover how you can get more patients, more profits, and more freedom.
– Take off your dental marketing hat.
– We’ll position you as the trusted, relatable, and personable dental expert.
– And that’s the kind of differentiation you can take to the bank.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.