Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1194
All things come to an end, and this series of nearly 1200 podcasts on dental marketing is no exception. Rather than look backward during this final episode of the Patient Attraction Podcast™, I’m going to take a hard look at the future of dentistry. Stay tuned – after our last break, I’ll tell you how your practice can thrive regardless of what happens with your competitors or the economy.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur, CEO of SmartBox.
– As recently as 2015, dentists did not see this coming.
– Almost every dentist I talk with was caught flat-footed by the sudden gold rush of new patients when the economy roared back.
– There’s just one problem in this “success” scenario – those patients don’t want to pay a lot for dental services.
– That’s because wages haven’t nearly kept up with the cost of dental care.
– Even in today’s price-war markets, patients just can’t afford elective dentistry.
– So your cash register rings and rings and rings with low-value transactions – while you work too hard for too long for too little.
– Right now, that’s looking like the future of dentistry.
– Dentists will be frantically trying to keep up with jammed schedules, wearing themselves out on routine, low-value cases.
– But remember, this “gold rush” is fueled by very low unemployment and more people with dental insurance.
– All gold rushes come to an end, and that’s going to happen to this one when the economy contracts again.
– It will, you know – history shows that every economic expansion is followed by a contraction.
– Nobody knows when that contraction will happen or how bad it will be.
– But it’s coming, and dentists need to be ready.
– What happens when a whole lot of those gold-rush patients are suddenly unemployed?
– Don’t say it can’t happen, because it happened less than 10 years ago.
– That’s the kind of thing that can keep you up at night if you think about it.
– So, don’t think about it. Take action now to keep your practice in position to thrive, no matter what happens.
– You can experience what Dr. Thomas Feder of Belleville, Illinois, did when he partnered with SmartBox.
– Dr. Feder wanted to bring on an associate as he wanted to retire, but the practice wasn’t attracting enough patients.
– After working with SmartBox for a while, Dr. Feder told us, “Our average case value has increased.
– “People are coming in looking for dentures and implants.
– “The practice is now overwhelming our dental lab.
– “We’re doing a lot better this year than we did last year, and I was extremely happy with last year.
– “If I had it to do over, there’s absolutely no doubt I would join SmartBox.”
– That’s not the end of the story, though.
– Dr. Feder did sell his practice, and it wasn’t long before his former associate – the new owner – contacted SmartBox.
– He asked us to pause his practice marketing because he couldn’t keep up with the numbers of new patients.
– Higher case value patients is how you position your practice for long-term success.
– So, for the last time on the Patient Attraction Podcast™, I’m going to suggest that you visit smartboxdentalmarketing.com.
– Reserve your no-cost, no-obligation Practice Discovery Session™.
– We’ll show you can enjoy dentistry again and work less while you earn more.
– After the session, you’ll receive your free Patient Attraction Roadmap™ as well.
– Use the Roadmap any way you wish.
– There’s no obligation of any kind.
– Your Roadmap is your guide into the future of your practice’s success.
– With that said, let me just thank you again for tuning in to the Patient Attraction Podcast, whether this is your first time or your 50th.
– We’ll keep you advised on our new, more accessible, and more varied online dental marketing presentations.
– Thanks again for watching our FINAL podcast.
– And as always, keep moving forward.