Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 925
The old saying that you get what you pay for doesn’t always hold true. In the case of dentists advertising on Facebook, it hasn’t been true for quite a while. Stay tuned – I’ll be right back to tell why you’ve been throwing some money away on Facebook.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction PodcastTM.
– I’m Colin Receveur, founder and CEO of SmartBox Web Marketing.
– A report released in September 2016 showed that Facebook had been overestimating the length of time people spent watching videos hosted on Facebook.
– That doesn’t sound like a big deal until you realize that they overestimated by 80 percent – for more than two years!
– If you relied on Facebook’s erroneous metric to justify purchasing video ads, you’ve been hosed, to put it bluntly.
– You may or may not have gotten the audience you wanted, but one thing is clear – your audience didn’t watch nearly as long as you were led to believe.
– And that’s a direct hit to your ROI.
– Facebook hasn’t and probably won’t offer any kind of compensation for its error, but they have renamed the metric in question.
– It’s gone from “Average Duration of Video Viewed” to “Average Watch Time.”
– I don’t know if I find that change all that comforting.
– Now, if you’re not buying video ads on Facebook, you’re probably thinking that this doesn’t affect you.
– But it brings up the question: How do you know that you’re getting what you pay for?
– After all, you can’t directly measure hits, clicks, views, and the like – you have to take someone else’s word for it.
– But there’s only one marketing metric that really matters.
– The purpose of all your dental marketing should be to put more new patient butts in chairs.
– Those new patients generally book their first appointment over the phone, and those phone calls you can measure.
– You can rely on the self-report of your phone answerers, or you can use a phone tracking system.
– At SmartBox Web Marketing, we provide our dentists our exclusive Zetetics® phone tracking service.
– And Dr. Matthew Burton in Clearwater, Florida, absolutely loves it.
– “I think that the greatest service that SmartBox has added recently is having SmartBox’s team listen to and grade our phone calls.
– “That really eliminates a lot of time for me. I don’t have time to go back and listen to all the phone calls.
– “Ninety percent of them are “change my appointment” or do something simple and just not a valuable use of time.
– “If I have your team kind of highlighting these calls, ‘Here’s the ones you’ve got to listen to…’ We can grow from that.
– “We can get better answering or fielding those calls, and it can do nothing but help drive new patients in the future.”
– If you’re tired of spending more on your marketing and not knowing what you’re getting in return, visit smartboxdentalmarketing.com/zetetics.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.