Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 771
I ran across an article in Dental Economics from the late 1990s about the common traits of successful dental practices. While the numbers are out of date, of course, I was surprised to find that most of the success traits still hold true. I’ll be back after the break to tell you THE single biggest factor in your practice’s success.
– I’m Colin Receveur, founder and CEO of SmartBox Web Marketing.
– Welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– The single biggest factor in a dental practice’s success is its people.
– Not only the dentist, but the receptionist, hygienists, business manager, and everyone else.
– The quality of the people you hire will make or break your practice.
– Yes, you have to attract enough of the right kinds of dental patients.
– But it doesn’t matter how many new patients you attract if you lose them after one appointment.
– The article identified quality people as both competent AND highly motivated.
– They take ownership of their areas of practice and strive to improve them.
– They see themselves as partners in the business, not just employees.
– And because they see themselves as partners, they’re enthusiastic about its success.
– The dentist takes additional training or courses to increase clinical skills.
– That makes him or her better and faster at procedures.
– The staff looks for ways to streamline and perfect all the systems in the office.
– They’re focused on providing the best patient experience possible.
– AND making money.
– They’re your best internal marketers.
– To attract and keep success-minded people, pay and benefits have to measure up.
– Profit-sharing is a good idea.
– But empowering the people you hire to take ownership is key.
– Of course, you as the business owner need to retain oversight.
– But if you hire the right people, you can leave the everyday details to them.
– That frees you to focus on doing what you love.
– And doing what makes money.
– Join me for tomorrow’s podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.