Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 468
Mike Abernathy and Max Gotcher at Summit Practice Solutions have helped more dental practices succeed than soda and candy combined. They said something in a recent blog that I think merits repeating – and reinforces something I’ve been telling dentists for years. I’ll tell you what it is when we come back.
– I am a big fan of the guys at Summit Practice Solutions.
– They are not only clients, but great mentors, advisers, and friends to untold numbers of dentists and yours truly.
– When I see a dentist in need of a practice overhaul, they are who I recommend.
– Conversely, they recommend SmartBox Web Marketing to their clients who are ready to attract more and better patients.
– They have a really great blog at their website, http://www.summitpracticesolutions.com.
– A couple of weeks ago, they wrote a blog about the importance of signage for a dental practice.
– In it, they said, “Signage is the one form of marketing that will have the longest, best, and highest return on your investment in any marketing campaign.”
– Now, I disagree with them on one point, and that is that signs are more important than a website.
– Only a certain number of people ever drive by your sign, and often it is the same people over and over.
– Unlimited people can use Google to find the right dental provider – you.
– But reasonable people can disagree and stay friends.
– And I agree with their overall premise, which is that signage is often overlooked, underappreciated, and undervalued.
– In the blog, Mike recommends six points that a good sign should have.
– Number 1 is your website URL.
– Why would they say to put your website on your sign?
– Because times have changed.
– Max and Mike recognize it.
– Anyone driving by your sign is going to want to get more information about you.
– Dental prospects will look you up online and decide if they want you as their dentist.
– What does your website say about you?
– Just as your sign needs to attract interest and give viewers a positive impression of you, so should your website.
– And you don’t need any landlord permission or zoning variances to do what you want online.
– If you’d like me to evaluate your website and tell you how it can be improved, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com, go to the Learn tab, click Products, and then click on The Swift Kick Dental Website Review about halfway down the page. You can order a customized 30-minute video critique of your site, social media presence, online patient reviews, dental videos and more using our 131-point dental web marketing checklist.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.