Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 915
A recent study showed that half of the people surveyed already use an online ad blocker or plan to install one within 180 days. That’s bad news for many dentists. When we come back, I’ll tell you how to reach your potential dental patients without online ads.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Welcome to the Patient Attraction PodcastTM.
– If you’re buying pay-per-click, or PPC, ads, you could soon be throwing away a lot of money.
– There are three factors driving the adoption of ad blockers.
– One is simple annoyance about the disruption that pop-up ads cause.
– The second factor is to protect from malware and spyware.
– And the third factor is that mobile devices are now used for more searches than desktop or laptop computers.
– On those smaller screens, ads are more than an annoyance.
– But ad blockers don’t discriminate between pop-up ads and PPC ads.
– That PPC ad may not even be seen by half or more of the patients you want to reach.
– And it’s certainly possible that ad blockers will become even more widely adopted over time.
– So what should dentists do to attract more new patients if their ads aren’t going to be seen?
– The best advice is to switch from “chasing” new patients through ads to attracting them by providing helpful, informative, engaging, and expert content.
– Basically, you’re switching to an inbound marketing approach.
– This is not a “get more patients this month” strategy.
– It takes time and effort to establish an online presence that people will follow, like, and trust.
– You’ll also need multiple channels like your website, your Facebook page, Instagram, and others.
– This is the basis of a patient attraction system.
– By establishing yourself as a trusted, likable dental expert, you become the only logical choice to solve your new patients’ dental problems.
– For much, much more on creating your own patient attraction system, visit smartboxdentalmarketing.com.
– Until next time, keep moving forward.