Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 834
Facebook offers some little-known and free benefits for business pages. Dentists who use social media as part of their new patient marketing strategy should take advantage of every edge they can get. I’ll be right back to tell you more. Stay tuned.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– If you’ve been following this podcast for any length of time, you know that I don’t recommend that dentists invest marketing dollars in social media.
– The ROI is just too hard to track.
– But social media like Facebook can play a role in your dental marketing.
– And you should take advantage of every free opportunity to make your Facebook business page work harder for you.
– Here are 4 tips to do just that.
– Number 1: Put up quality posts.
– Facebook is using algorithms to judge the quality of material posted, and higher quality posts have somewhat better reach.
– So take a little more time to create posts that are specific to your followers’ concerns and provide authoritative information.
– Number 2: Get visual.
– Facebook is really about the visual experience as well as the content.
– Make sure your posts are accompanied by high-quality photos, infographics, or artwork.
– That doesn’t mean showing gaping tooth sockets and bloody procedures, because few people like to see those.
– Number 3: Use the power of video.
– Video is huge and getting even bigger these days.
– Research shows that younger people prefer to watch short videos rather than read an article.
– Use Facebook as another vehicle for your doctor and patient testimonial videos.
– Number 4: Respond quickly.
– Facebook offers business pages a “very responsive to messages” badge below your cover photo.
– You earn that by responding to 90 percent of messages within 15 minutes over a 7-day period.
– While you’re trying to reach that level, Facebook will show your usual response time, unless you rarely respond to messages.
– Facebook isn’t the ideal marketing vehicle for most dentists.
– But if you learn the behind-the-scenes techniques, you can make it work better to help you get the patients you want.
– If you’re not getting the new dental patients you want, check out my book “Attract More Patients in the Next 6 Months Than in the Past 6 Years.” The book is the culmination of all my marketing expertise, and it can be yours for only the $4.97 cost of shipping at www.MoreAndBetterPatients.com while supplies last.
– Until next time, keep moving forward.