Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1145
It’s not common to think of dentists as underachievers. But the sad fact is that many dental practices aren’t reaching their potential. That’s a shame, and it doesn’t have to keep happening. At a time of economic growth and rising wages, dental practices should be thriving. When we come back, I’ll tell you how make your dental practice everything it should be. Stay tuned.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur, CEO of SmartBox.
– All across the U.S. there are dental practices that are doing okay.
– They’re keeping the lights on, seeing patients, and making some money.
– I’m of the firm opinion that your dental practice should be a gold mine.
– Doing okay is basically an excuse for not doing really well.
– Those are harsh words, but I stand by them.
– There’s money to be made in your market, and you should be making it without having to work yourself to death.
– I’m kind of an odd duck among people who work with dentists to help them get more patients.
– I want all dentists to be successful whether they work with SmartBox or not.
– So if you’re working too hard, for too long, for too little, I’m going to tell you how to change that.
– Let’s start with the prospects in your market.
– Roughly 70 percent of them are motivated by low prices, specials, and insurance acceptance.
– Those are probably the prospects you’ve been chasing with your advertising.
– Advertising is an attempt to motivate prospects to call your practice right now, or at least soon, for an appointment.
– It’s a quick-hit dose of satisfaction for dental practices.
– But it wears off quickly and leaves you chasing the next hit.
– The problem is, the next hit may be quite awhile in coming.
– Advertising doesn’t always work, particularly if a competitor is undercutting you on price.
– There are highs and lows with a traditional advertising approach.
– Advertising costs a lot, and it often doesn’t deliver enough for what you pay.
– It’s a slow and uncertain way to realize success.
– And that advertising approach ignores what motivates the other 30 percent of prospects in your market.
– Those “better” patients have the ability and willingness to pay more for the right dentist.
– And they’re very loyal to the dentist they choose.
– But you won’t attract those prospects by advertising low price and specials.
– Dr. James Kiehl in southern New Hampshire knows all about dental advertising.
– And he knows what it takes to attract quality patients.
– He said, “Some of the advertising I’ve done in the past was more offer-driven, free exam, X-ray kinds of things.
– “When you bring patients in that way, you’re chasing them with the next offer or they’re chasing you for the next offer, all the way down the line.
– “Since we’ve implemented our SmartBox Patient Attraction System, we’re definitely getting the quality patients that I want to see come into my practice.”
– SmartBox’s Patient Attraction System™ is a much better way to attract new patients.
– And it doesn’t make you suffer through quick-hit highs and lows.
– We provide a steady stream of more and better patients so our doctors can focus on doing the dentistry.
– Now, let me say that what SmartBox does for dentists, some dental practices can accomplish for themselves.
– There’s plenty of information out there in our podcasts, our Patient Attraction Magazine, our Inside Patient Attraction webinars, and the SmartBox blog.
– But putting together and maintaining your own systematic approach to attracting patients is an enormous investment of time.
– It requires very specialized skills and doesn’t directly make you a dollar.
– You make money by seeing patients and solving their dental problems.
– So, yes, you can do what we do, but it’s a huge waste of your time and talents.
– You don’t have to take my word for it.
– Discover what our Patient Attraction System™ can do for your practice.
– Visit smartboxdentalmarketing.com and reserve your no-cost, no-obligation Practice Discovery Session™.
– After the session, you’ll receive your free Patient Attraction Roadmap™ as well.
– We’ll show you how SmartBox provides a steady stream of new patients so you can focus on doing the dentistry – and make your practice into everything it can be.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.