Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 319
It is tempting to think that social media is just for teenagers, but the truth is that about 75% of American adults are connecting in networks through Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+. How can you take advantage of those numbers? Stay tuned!
– Hello from beautiful Southern Indiana.
– Colin Receveur here, and I’m glad you could join me as we continue our overview of my book, “Attract More Patients in the Next Six Months Than in the Last Six Years.”
– Today we are taking a look at how to optimize your presence on the top four social media sites: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+
– Let’s begin by taking a look at the most popular: Facebook
– The key to a successful Facebook page is to get patients and potential patients interacting with you.
– Use special pages and opt-ins to encourage patients to “Like” your page.
– “Likes” are important because they show up on the newsfeed of every person who is friends with your patients.
– Twitter works a little differently.
– You can still post links, videos, offers, and personal moments, but you aren’t looking for “Likes.”
– The key to Twitter is the “retweet.”
– When someone enjoys an article or video you posted, they have the option to retweet that article, which could gain you a larger network of followers.
– You can use Twitter to build relationships with patients and potential patients.
– All it takes is the use of the at (@) symbol to connect, comment, or answer questions.
– LinkedIn is a great way to connect with patients as well as other professionals.
– Your network grows as you follow others and are followed.
– One great way to gain attention on LinkedIn is to answer questions posed on the network.
– You will gain attention and will be labeled as an expert in dentistry.
– You can then link these posts to your other social networking sites to add depth to your online presence.
– Finally, let’s take a look at Google+.
– Each social network has exciting tools, but Google+ Hangouts is something that not many professionals use.
– Hangouts allows you to chat with several people at the same time.
– It is a great way for you to host an online seminar about a procedure.
– Or maybe you would like to give your patients the opportunity to ask you questions.
– The possibilities are endless, but your patients will love the chance for personal connection from the comfort of their own home.
– Social networking sites are always evolving, but the underlying fact is still the same:
– The whole point of investing time in social networking is for you to connect on a personal level with your current and potential patients.
– Your patients are looking for you, but what will they find?
– Check back tomorrow as we take a look at the role of blogging.
– Until then, keep moving forward.