Patient Attraction Episode 398
Hello and welcome to the Sunday edition of the Patient Attraction Podcast. I’ve talked about SEO quite a bit in the last few weeks. Today, I want to make sure I am not giving you the wrong idea. Stay tuned.
– Colin Receveur here.
– I’m a little concerned that I may have given viewers of this podcast the wrong idea over the last few weeks.
– I’ve talked a lot about writing content and search engine optimization.
– Some of you may be thinking, “I can do that.”
– I hope you do.
– I would like to think that you watch this podcast, get my books and videos, and learn enough to do your own web marketing.
– However, unless you work in only the smallest of the small dental practices would I ever recommend that you actually DO your own web marketing.
– If you are a dentist, you need to focus on doing what you are uniquely trained to do: dentistry.
– “But Colin,” you might say, “no one knows my practice better than me.”
– That’s 100 percent true.
– But knowing the intricacies of your practice is NOT what draws patients.
– And thinking that is one of the reasons you shouldn’t do your own marketing.
– Attracting patients is NOT about explaining what you do to patients.
– Attracting patients is about explaining what you can do FOR patients.
– And there is a world of difference between the two.
– SEO is probably one of the trickiest, most complicated aspects of web marketing.
– It is an art, not a science – a constantly moving target on top of a moving train.
– Even our staff gets training from experts in the field of SEO.
– I think of it like home remodeling.
– You may be an excellent DIYer.
– But when you need a new roof, do you do it yourself?
– Probably not.
– It’s not worth your time, and it’s worth paying someone else to do such dirty work.
– Plus, if you mess it up, you can do a lot of damage.
– Your SEO is exactly the same.
– You might be able to do it, but it’s not worth your time and if you mess it up, you can damage the financial stability of your practice.
– If you’d like to know more about web marketing, I encourage you to get my book “Attract More Patients in the Next Six Months Than in the Last Six Years.” The book is the culmination of all my marketing expertise, and it can be yours for only the $4.97 cost of shipping at www.MoreAndBetterPatients.com while supplies last.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.