Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 723
As if we needed any more evidence that mobile is the coming trend, the results from Super Bowl 50 viewers confirmed it. I’ll be back with the details and the implications for your dental marketing. Stay tuned.
– Hi, I’m Colin, and welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– In 2015, searches from mobile devices like smartphones overtook desktop searches for the first time.
– According to an article on searchengineland.com, 82 percent of searches related to Super Bowl 50 advertising were on mobile devices.
– That’s a 12 percent increase over last year.
– 7 percent of searches were on tablets and just 11 percent on desktops.
– And, there were an additional 7.5 million ad-driven searches during the game.
– That’s 40 percent more than during the last Super Bowl.
– Now, the Super Bowl is a phenomenon in itself, so we have to be careful about generalizing these results.
– But the numbers demonstrate how comfortable people are with using mobile devices for search.
– And that trend is going to keep growing.
– Add in the recent introduction of wearable tech like smartwatches, and mobile search looks ready to explode.
– What does this mean for your online marketing?
– You absolutely must use responsive web design.
– That makes sure that your website, blog, or other marketing displays properly on any mobile device.
– Because if people can’t easily view your marketing on a mobile device, they’ll go to one of your competitors.
– Responsive web design isn’t a task for your average dentist.
– Sure, you can learn it, but it’ll take time that you could be earning money by seeing patients.
– And there’s usually a trial-and-error period with do-it-yourself web design.
– This is one of those areas that most dentists should consider outsourcing.
– Ideally, you’d choose a firm that specializes in dental web marketing, like SmartBox.
– If you’d like me to evaluate your website and tell you how it can be improved, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com, go to the Learn tab, click Products, and then click on The Swift Kick Dental Website Review about halfway down the page. You can order a customized 30-minute video critique of your site, social media presence, online patient reviews, dental videos and more using our 131-point dental web marketing checklist.
– Don’t miss tomorrow’s podcast on hacking attacks and what you can do to stay safe.
– Until then, keep moving forward.