Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1147
Dentistry is a trust-based profession. There aren’t too many things more intimate than putting instruments into someone’s mouth and remodeling their teeth. The trust factor is often overlooked by dental practices that are busy competing on low price and specials. But being trusted by patients and prospects alike is essential if you’re going to grow your practice and your revenue. After the break, I’ll tell you the best way to foster a trust relationship with prospects who have never met you, and help them become appointed patients. Stay tuned.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– There ar e roughly 120,000 practicing dentists in the United States.
– That’s enough to make a decent-size city, like Evansville, Indiana.
– It’s the third-largest city in the state that nobody’s ever heard of, but that’s not the point.
– If you look at the rate of crime, malpractice, and downright stupidity in a city of dentists, it doesn’t paint a pretty picture.
– Just recently, a dentist was convicted for illegally prescribing oxycodone and earning a 15-year prison sentence.
– Another dentist was charged with unprofessional conduct by a state board after the death of 4-year-old to whom he had administered anesthesia.
– You could look at these as isolated incidents that really don’t have any impact outside the areas in which they occurred.
– You could do that, but you shouldn’t, because a lot of these reports go national.
– Other health professions can shrug off negative reports fairly easily.
– As of 2016, there were over 950,000 licensed physicians in the U.S.
– And even nurse practitioners outnumbered dentists by 2 to 1.
– With that many advanced professionals in one field, the effects of reports of misconduct are watered down.
– But among a smaller group of advanced-degree professionals, the impact of misconduct or criminal activity is larger.
– Dentists who give the profession a black eye poison the well for other dentists.
– That can lead prospects who are on the fence to delay treatment or avoid it altogether.
– But it’s not just the size of the group that matters.
– Dentists as a group aren’t held in the highest regard these days.
– In fact, they’re pretty much regarded as interchangeable.
– Dentists are widely considered to be competent.
– One dentist is as good as another as far as prospects are concerned.
– So there’s no reason to prefer one dentist over another except for price, availability, and insurance acceptance.
– Dentists who want to succeed face a twofold challenge.
– They have to stand out from the great mass of dentists, and they have to build trust with their prospects.
– There’s no better way to accomplish those goals than with SmartBox’s industry-leading Patient Attracti on System™.
– Just ask Dr. David Moffet, Consultant, and the originator of The Ultimate Patient Experience.
– He wrote, “Dentistry is all about people and relationships.
– “Colin Receveur and SmartBox know how to attract new patients to your dental office.
– “They are leaders in their field in dentistry.
– “In fact, they are rewriting the way new patient marketing needs to be done!”
– It’s almost impossible to establish trust by using the quick-hit, price-driven marketing that most dentists use.
– SmartBox’s Patient Attraction System™ takes in the entire spectrum of marketing, both online and offline.
– We work to establish you as the relatable, likeable, trustworthy, and expert dentist.
– And every aspect of your marketing works together to make you the only logical choice to solve prospects’ dental problems.
– Dr. Moffet was right – we’re rewriting the way new patient marketing needs to be done for dentists on 3 continents.
– Discover what our Patient Attraction System™ can do for your practice.
– Visit smartboxdentalmarketing.com and reserve your no-cost, no-obligation Practice Discovery Session™.
– After the session, you’ll receive your free Patient Attraction Roadmap™ as well.
– We’ll show you how SmartBox provides a steady stream of new patients so you can focus on doing the dentistry.
– We’ll do that by helping you stand out above other dentists in your market and by building trust with your prospects.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.