Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 482
Welcome back to day 2 of our look at killer content marketing. Yesterday, I told you that content marketing has two parts: knowing your audience and what they want, and knowing what you have and what you need to give them. We’ll deal with the latter part today. Stay tuned.
– Colin here and thanks for joining me on a Sunday.
– Yesterday I told you how important it is that you are tracking visitors to your website and what they are using.
– This could be the written part of your website, such as the text on the web pages or the testimonials.
– It could be the videos of you and your staff, or of patients.
– It could be images like before-and-after pictures or explanatory graphics.
– It also could be your interactive social media, such as blogs or Twitter feeds.
– But once you see where your dental prospects are going on your page – and where they are NOT going – you will have a better idea of the content that your web visitors are using.
– So the first thing you need to do is get an idea of what is popular.
– Rank your pages, videos, blogs, etc., for prospect interaction.
– This requires that you KNOW everything you have, so you may have to do an audit of all of your content.
– Now, what did you find?
– Do certain pages get more visitors than others?
– What sets those pages apart?
– Do they contain a different style of writing?
– Do they contain more video or images?
– Why are they the most popular pages?
– Once you determine that, how can you make other pages that fit your strategy more like those pages?
– For instance, if all of your most-viewed pages have a patient-testimonial video on them, then you should probably shoot more patient-testimonial videos for the procedures with the highest margin.
– Your website is a living, breathing marketing tool.
– It needs constant supervision and upkeep.
– A website is not like a sign that you put up once and forget about.
– This is one of the reasons that I encourage dentists NOT to try to serve as their own dental web marketing expert.
– You may very well have the knowledge to do a great job, especially if you have gotten my newsletter, books and DVDs.
– But what you don’t have is the TIME it takes to constantly assess, revise and implement.
– If you’re ready to discover what my clients know that you don’t about attracting patients online, you should schedule a Patient Attraction Blueprint Session. They are free to serious dentists who want to see a patient attraction system that can double their practice. For more information, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com/blueprint.
– Come back tomorrow and we’ll talk about the kind of people you should surround yourself with to make your practice a success.
– Until then, keep moving forward.