Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 869
Today’s dental patients tend to view dentists as being interchangeable. Way too many of them are interested primarily in price and whether you take their insurance. Competing on price is a race to the bottom and may threaten the future of your practice. When we come back, I’ll tell you how to change your dental prospects’ perception of your value.
– I’m Colin Receveur, founder and CEO of SmartBox Web Marketing.
– This is the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– If you want to grow your practice, you have to move yourself out of the dental commodity category.
– Your prospects have to come to view you as different from the rest – more expert, trustworthy, and relatable.
– You can accomplish those things once you have a patient in the chair, but first you have to get him or her into the chair.
– That means changing your prospects’ view of the value they’ll receive by choosing you over a competitor.
– You won’t do that by offering money-off coupons or freebies, because your competitors are offering the same things.
– Your dental prospects want to know three things from your marketing.
– One, do you understand what they’re going through?
– Too many dentists talk about dental issues as if they’re talking to other dentists.
– Patients don’t have malocclusion – their teeth don’t meet properly.
– They don’t have dental caries and periodontal disease – they’re embarrassed to smile and in pain.
– The second thing patients want to know is whether you can help them.
– Most of them don’t care about the specifics of the procedure; they only want to know that you can let them eat without pain or smile without being self-conscious.
– And the third thing is whether they can relate to you as a person and not just as a medical professional.
– This is another area where too many dentists fall down.
– Their website bios are a list of degrees, training, and publications.
– Those don’t tell your prospects what it’ll be like to have you as their dentist.
– Those are the three things your prospects value in a dentist, and your marketing has to help them see the value in choosing you to solve their dental problems.
– Changing someone’s perception of you is a long-term proposition.
– But when you do show them your value, you’ll get more and better patients, and more profits.
– If you want to see how Dr. Ronald Receveur increased collections from $900K to more than $2 million in just five years without “selling,” you should go to www.doublecollectionswithoutselling.com.
– Join me for our next podcast when I’ll tell you how to build trust with your prospects.
– Until then, keep moving forward.