Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Dentists Should Take Off Their Marketing “Hats”
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1139
There are all kinds of articles these days on how businesses can attract new customers. Like everything else, not all those articles are created equal. It seems like the majority are designed for businesses that want to sell their services to other businesses. That’s not the kind of advice dental practices need or can use. After the break, I’ll be back to tell you about the crucial distinction you must make between your practice and your competitors’ practices. Stay tuned.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I know thousands of dentists, and that’s no exaggeration.
– Out of those thousands of dentists, a handful have training in the principles of marketing.
– Yet the vast majority of dentists still try to handle their practice marketing on their own.
– That’s not necessarily a criticism of those dentists.
– I remember how many hats I had to wear until SmartBox grew to the point that I could hire trained professionals in different disciplines.
– I only wish I could have done it sooner.
– It was a huge relief when I took off those other hats, and I made more money, too.
– If you’re doing your own marketing, you should take off that hat.
– Differentiating yourself from your competitors is a time-intensive process.
– And it’s not the best use of your time.
– Differentiation is crucial because today, dentists are assumed to be competent.
– That’s both a blessing and a curse.
– If all dentists are competent, they’re commodities, and the only reason to choose one brand of commodity over another is price.
– It’s just like hunting for the lowest price on gas for your car.
– Don’t take offense at being labeled a commodity – that’s just how prospects think about dentists these days.
– If you’re going to attract the new patients you want rather than just getting what walks through your door, you have to give prospects reasons to choose you.
– That’s differentiation.
– When it comes to differentiating your dental practice from your competition, you can’t follow advice meant for completely different types of companies.
– As a dentist, you’re in the personal services industry just as much as you’re in the medical field.
– There’s not much that’s more personal than putting your hands inside someone’s mouth.
– Dentistry is a trust-based business, much more so than retail sales or business-to-business companies.
– You already have the assumption of competence working for you, but so do your competitors.
– So your differentiators need to focus on building trust and promoting the patient experience in your practice.
– Focus your marketing on those two factors, and you can make your practice a destination for the prospects you want.
– And prospects who care about more than price will become the patients you want to keep.
– But as I mentioned earlier, achieving that kind of difference takes time.
– And it won’t directly make you a single dollar.
– Attracting those better prospects and helping turn them into appointed patients is what SmartBox does for more than 550 dentists on 3 continents.
– Just ask Dr. James Kiehl of southern New Hampshire.
– He said, “Since we’ve implemented our SmartBox Patient Attraction System, we’re definitely getting the quality patients that I want to see come into my practice.”
– SmartBox will keep a steady stream of more and better new patients coming into your practice.
– You get to focus on doing the dentistry – making money by seeing patients and solving their dental problems, not spending your time on your practice marketing.
– Discover what SmartBox’s Patient Attraction System™ can do for your practice by visiting smartboxdentalmarketing.com.
– Click on the “Get Started” button to reserve your free, no-obligation Practice Discovery Session™.
– Invest 25 minutes of your time to discover how you can get more patients, more profits, and more freedom.
– Take off your dental marketing hat.
– We’ll position you as the trusted, relatable, and personable dental expert.
– And that’s the kind of differentiation you can take to the bank.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.