Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 861
It’s a proud moment when you hang out your shingle as a dentist. Yours is a noble and exacting profession that can change the lives of the patients you treat. Today, though, the respect that dentists have earned seems to be missing. Far too many dentists are viewed as interchangeable commodities. After the break, I’ll tell you how to keep yourself out of the commodity category and attract the patients you want. Stay tuned.
– I’m Colin Receveur, founder and CEO of SmartBox Web Marketing.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– Back in “the day,” dentists used to hang out a sign advertising the costs for tooth pulling and other procedures.
– If there was more than one dentist in town, that could lead to a price war.
– Of course, back then dentistry was a lot more limited than it is today.
– The only question for patients was, “Who’s going to yank this thing out of my head for the least money?”
– Times have changed, and so has the dental profession.
– And yet, dentists still advertise the cost of various procedures – cleanings, exams, simple restorations, and so on.
– Advertising on price leads to a new version of the old question: “Who’s going do this procedure the cheapest?”
– Let’s face it – what you do can’t be compared to a discount oil change, so why would you market your services as though they’re commodities?
– When you do that, you become a commodity dentist, and that’s the kiss of death for many dental practices.
– You’ll get price shoppers, one-and-dones, and patients who will question the cost of everything.
– If they do come back, they’ll expect discounted rates.
– It’s a race to the bottom, and corporate dentistry loves those races because it wins them.
– Corporate has funding and economies of scale you can’t hope to match.
– You can’t beat them on price and expect to keep the doors open.
– To succeed, you have to take yourself out of the commodity dentist category.
– You have to position yourself as the only logical choice to solve your patients’ problems.
– And the patients you want and need are those who are willing to pay more for a dentist they can relate to, like, and trust.
– Those patients are out there in significant numbers, and attracting them is how you grow and succeed.
– If you’ve been advertising on price, stop it, because I’ve got something much more effective.
– Are you ready to fast-track your success? Are you ready for more patients, more profits, and more freedom? If so, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com/application or just smartboxdentalmarketing.com and click the green button on the right that says “Get Your Marketing Analysis.”
– Tune in to our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.