Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1183
There’s an old saying that a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. But when you think about it, walking isn’t necessarily the best way to cover a long distance. I did the math, and a thousand-mile journey takes about 1.7 million steps. It can be a long journey for a dentist to reach retirement, and there are obviously a lot of steps involved. But taking big steps toward retirement will not only get you there sooner, it’ll get you there in much better shape. I’ll be back after the break to tell you how to take giant steps on your journey.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur, CEO of SmartBox.
– Let me start out by asking something outrageous.
– What if you could thrive by seeing just 6 dental patients a day?
– That probably sounds like a fantasy.
– Most dentists these days are drowning in patients.
– Every patient they see, during the course of each overly busy day, is a small step on the road to retirement.
– Now, I don’t want to imply that any dentist will see 1.7 million patients during a career.
– But the way things are now, the vast majority of dentists will see far too many patients.
– They’re taking small steps because most of their patients don’t represent much value to the practice.
– They’re seeing routine cleanings and exams, drill-and-fills, and insurance-driven patients who only want what insurance will cover.
– Those patients are very small steps on a long journey.
– But back to that fantasy of seeing just 6 patients a day – it’s not a fantasy.
– It’s the everyday reality for more and more dentists who are saying, “Enough!”
– They’ve had it with being on the dental treadmill.
– They’ve had it with feeling chained to their practices.
– They’re fed up with not having time for family, friends, or themselves.
– They’re tired of aching backs and necks.
– They’re tired of practicing routine, unrewarding dentistry.
– They’re tired of being tired.
– So they’ve decided to take giant steps on the journey to retirement.
– Dr. Sean Hanson of Salem, Oregon, decided to lengthen his stride, so to speak.
– He said, “I will be able to spend more time away from the office, and that’s really my biggest thing.
– “Not that I don’t like working and not that I don’t like my job …
– “… but if I know that I have good doctors here and good hygienists and good staff members, then if I’m here, I’m just another pair of hands.
– “Ultimately, I can go and take a week vacation with my kids and take them to Europe or go somewhere farther away than just California.
– “That is ultimately the goal: that I’m not spending my 40s and 50s slaving away doing dentistry.”
– Dr. Hanson’s initial giant step was to partner with SmartBox.
– Our industry-leading Patient Attraction System® works 24/7 to get our doctors a steady stream of better dental patients.
– Those are the fee-for-service prospects in your market, and there are a lot more of them than you might think.
– With higher case values, you don’t have to work so hard.
– When you’re viewed as the dentist of choice for fee-for-service patients, you can pretty much name your own price instead of lowballing like your competitors.
– Just ask Corey Hurcomb of Tulip Tree Dental Care near South Bend, Indiana.
– He said, “For SmartBox, what really was interesting to me was to see that you can set it up until the person feels like you’re an expert.
– “They look at it from a holistic approach.
– “It’s not just search and optimization, it’s not just pay-per-click, it’s not just the website revisions, not just SEO, it’s not just social media.
– “It’s the whole combination.”
– Discover what SmartBox can do for your dental practice.
– Visit smartboxdentalmarketing.com and reserve your no-cost, no-obligation Practice Discovery Session™.
– After the session, you’ll receive your free Patient Attraction Roadmap™ as well.
– It’s yours to use however you wish – there’s no obligation.
– It’s time to lengthen your stride and take giant steps on your journey to retirement.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.