Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1137
One of the problems dentists face these days is that all dentists are assumed to be competent. Any given dentist will have trouble attracting patients without cutting prices, offering specials and discounts, or emphasizing insurance acceptance. But when dentists take steps to stand out from the crowd, prospects have more reasons to select the right dentist for them. Giving back to the community is a great way for dental practices to stand out. And it comes with a number of other benefits. After the break, I’ll tell you why being socially responsible is good business for dentists.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– Dentists don’t think much about their brand.
– Your brand is more than just the name of your practice, a tagline, and your logo.
– A brand is snapshot that conveys the essence of what you are and what you offer.
– It takes time, attention, and a lot of thought to create a successful brand.
– And you have to be able to back up what your brand represents.
– In the last 10 years or so, consumers have begun to indicate a preference for doing business with brands they respect.
– One of the factors that commands respect these days is when companies give back to the public good.
– A number of dental practices take part in annual events such as Mission of Mercy and Give Kids A Smile.
– If you’re not participating in socially responsible events, you should seriously consider taking part.
– Those events raise your profile in the community and increase your name awareness.
– They also lend value to your brand.
– Your office can participate in nondental charitable events such as fun runs and health fairs.
– A majority of millennials strongly prefer doing business with socially responsible companies.
– Beyond brand and name recognition, you can leverage socially responsible community events to improve your search engine results page ranking.
– If your local paper or TV station mentions your practice’s name and provides a link to your website, that’s good for your SEO.
– That’s known as earned media, and it increases your authority, in Google terms.
– You can also do your own “coverage” on your social media, touting your practice’s involvement and charitable giving.
– Keep the buzz going, encourage sharing, and follow up with additional posts.
– This may sound like a lot of work, but remember that the millennials who become your patients next week can remain your patients for decades.
– From a sheer profit standpoint, giving back is good business.
– You can get more patients – and arguably better patients.
– A patient you keep long-term is one you don’t have to spend marketing dollars to replace.
– Beyond revenue aspects, being engaged in the community can help you retain staff.
– You may find that the millennials and Gen Xers you employ enjoy giving back.
– Keeping your staff’s engagement level high is one of the keys to keeping good people.
– Giving back is something you can do to differentiate yourself from the competition and increase brand awareness.
– But you can’t do charitable events constantly.
– There’s a better way to differentiate yourself, and that’s with SmartBox’s Patient Attraction System™.
– SmartBox works with more than 550 dentists on 3 continents to help them get more and better patients.
– We provide a steady stream of new patients so you can focus on doing the dentistry.
– Dr. Jonathan Gilbart of Hagerstown, Maryland, found that his time was much better spent doing the dentistry than doing the marketing.
– He said, “I wanted to find a company that could do everything, as far as marketing, for me …
– “… and put it all together without me having to spend a ton of time learning what search engine optimization was or Google AdWords.
– “I’ve been very happy with SmartBox and their ability to take all the stuff, put it together, and handle that aspect so I can focus on my patients.”
– Find out what SmartBox’s Patient Attraction System™ can do for your practice.
– Visit smartboxdentalmarketing.com and reserve your no-cost, no-obligation Practice Discovery Session™.
– Invest 25 minutes of your time to discover how you can get more patients, more profits, and more freedom.
– After the session, we’ll send your free Patient Attraction Roadmap™ as well.
– Making your practice socially responsible is something you and your staff can handle.
– SmartBox will handle getting you a steady stream of more and better new patients.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.