Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 546: Dentists Should Drop the Pitch and Focus on Content
“Change your smile and your life.” “Uncover that beautiful smile today.” These are just a few examples of direct print marketing campaigns that have run in every small newspaper in America for decades. Your dental office is probably familiar with advertising and marketing – and maybe you’ve had success with those campaigns in the past – but today I’m going to tell you how content marketing can lead to higher Google rankings and more patients.
– Colin here, and we’re going to spend the next two days talking about content marketing.
– Today I’m going to tell you how taking the pitch out of your content can improve your brand awareness and bring in new patients.
– There’s a fundamental difference between traditional advertising and content marketing, and that is that content marketing is less about pitching and more about building a relationship.
– Quality content marketing builds a relationship through information, consumer tips, and education.
– You can develop content marketing through blogs, website content, videos, infographics, reports, ebooks, and press releases.
– This digital approach comes because consumers are changing the way they make choices in their purchases, from the dentist they select to the clothes they buy.
– About 75 percent of consumers would rather read articles about products or services than view direct advertisements.
– We live in an age where people get all of their questions answered with a few clicks on their phone.
– They don’t need to be sold.
– They need to be informed.
– What we’re seeing is a generation of the most informed consumers in history, and content marketing feeds that demand for information without trying to immediately close a sale or sign on a new patient in the first few seconds of the relationship.
– While this method of marketing has a more subtle sales pitch, you still need to know your audience and deliver the right message at the right time to the right person.
– If you don’t like treating children, don’t market children’s dentistry.
– If you want to attract more dental implant patients, develop content and videos directed at educating those who can benefit from your dental implant services.
– Give them quality information and tell them why YOU are the best choice to solve their problems.
– Effective content marketing allows you to find your niche in your market and attract the patients you want to see.
– In tomorrow’s podcast, I’ll run through how you can increase your brand awareness and stay in front patients until they are ready to accept treatment.
– If you want to see how Dr. Ronald Receveur has increased collections from $900K to more than $2 million in just five years WITHOUT selling, you should go to http://www.doublecollectionswithoutselling.com.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.