Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 850
Bob Dylan sang, “The times they are a-changin’.” That’s certainly true for dentistry. After the break, I’ll be back to tell you about an important development you may not have heard about … but that you definitely need to know. Stay tuned.
Thanks for tuning in to the Patient Attraction Podcast.™
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– On June 20, Vermont governor Peter Shumlin signed a bill that allows mid-level providers, or dental therapists, to practice in his state.
– Vermont is the sixth state to enact this sort of legislation.
– If you’re not familiar with dental therapists, think of them like physician’s assistants or nurse practitioners.
– Compared to anyone else in your one-dentist practice, dental therapists have a greatly expanded scope of practice.
– They can do a lot of the things that you do, under a licensed dentist’s supervision.
– Why is this important to you?
– First, this type of legislation has been enacted in spite of fierce opposition from state dental associations.
– And the dental therapist movement appears to be gaining momentum.
– And the laws may soon be coming to your state.
– The laws are coming for you and your practice.
– You might think this is overblown.
– After all, nurse practitioners haven’t put physicians out of business.
– But the fact is that there are fewer and fewer private general medical practices.
– Far more physicians are working for hospital organizations.
– In the case of dentists, the equivalent to hospital organizations is corporate dentistry.
– Second, corporate can hire dental therapists for far less money than they can dentists.
– Which means they can see more patients … your patients.
– And they can price-war you into the ground – unless you adapt your marketing approach to attract the patients who aren’t interested in low prices.
– Those are the patients looking for a dental expert they can trust.
– If you don’t do that, you may find yourself out of business.
– And depending on how long it takes for dental therapists to come to your state, that could be as little as 5 years.
– You can also change the rules of the game.
– Go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com/blueprint and schedule a Patient Attraction Blueprint™ session. They are free to serious dentists who want to see a patient attraction system that can double their practice. You can get more patients, more profits, and more freedom.
– Tune in to our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.