Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 872
When dentists think social media marketing, most of them automatically think of Facebook. But there’s another social media platform that has experienced explosive growth in the last year. After we come back, I’ll tell you why dentists should be on Instagram. Stay tuned.
– Welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Facebook remains the world’s most popular social media platform with more than 1 billion users.
– But Facebook’s new algorithm changes, which I discussed in Patient Attraction Episode 863, makes Facebook a pay-to-play platform for dentists.
– The hard-charging new kid on the block is Instagram.
– According to statista.com, Instagram had 500 million active monthly users as of June 2016.
– That’s up from 400 million in September 2015, or 25 percent growth in just 9 months.
– This isn’t a fluke – Instagram has grown by 100 million users every 9 months since March 2014.
– Total active membership is up 250 percent in slightly more than 2 years.
– And brandwatch.com reports that “Engagement with brands on Instagram is 10 times higher than Facebook, 54 times higher than Pinterest, and 84 times higher than Twitter.”
– That makes Instagram the next social media target for dentists.
– To take full advantage of Instagram, you’ll need a lot of really cool pictures or graphics, plus captions for each.
– Instagram is way more visually driven than Facebook.
– And since Instagram users tend to skew younger, with more than half of U.S. millennials using it every day, Instagram lets you reach a younger patient segment.
– Uploading photos with captions and creating cool graphics to share is more time-efficient than writing longer posts that young people may not read.
– So if Instagram isn’t part of your dental marketing mix, do some research.
– It looks like it’s the next big thing in reach and brand engagement.
– Just keep in mind that the ultimate goal of your marketing is to put more new patients in chairs.
– Dr. Piyuse Das, an implant and cosmetic dentist in Houston, TX, knows that and contacted SmartBox for help.
– “We reached out to Colin because we wanted more of a comprehensive marketing strategy for our website, internet, and social media. Prior to SmartBox we were using maybe 2 or 3 different companies that didn’t quite integrate everything that we wanted to. Colin was one of the few people that put everything together for us.”
– Be sure to watch our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.