Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 392
I remember as a kid getting in trouble for giving my parents attitude for saying, “So what?” and “Who cares?” You may have had a similar experience that involved a mouth full of soap or a switch from the backyard. Today, I’m going to tell you why our parents were wrong for discouraging those questions. Stay tuned.
– Colin Receveur here, and welcome to another week of the Patient Attraction podcast.
– Today, I want to circle back to the idea of the “we-we” problem.
– That’s where your website does nothing but talk about what you have to offer and what you can do.
– “We offer this” and “We can do that.”
– It leaves the visitor asking, “What’s in it for me?”
– Of course you want to talk about your services, your expertise, your technology, etc.
– But why should anyone care?
– If your website says, “We offer state-of-the-art materials for your crowns.”
– “Who cares?” someone might respond.
– The trick is to present the information in a way that no one could ask that question.
– “With our state-of-the-art materials in your crowns, they will last longer and work better.”
– Ah, there’s the benefit statement.
– Let’s try another one:
– “We are one of only a handful of dentists to offer a cone beam scanner in-office.”
– “So what?”
– “With an in-office cone beam scanner, we can take a 3-D digital X-ray of your whole jaw.”
– “Neat, but so what?”
– “With our in-office cone beam scanner, you don’t have to go to the hospital for a CT scan. We can do it right here and plan your procedure without sending you all over town.”
– Aha. There’s the benefit statement.
– Look over your website copy and see how many times you can ask yourself, “So what?”
– If you’d like me to evaluate your website and tell you how it can be improved, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com, go to the Learn tab, click Products, and then click on The Swift Kick Dental Website Review about halfway down the page. You can order a customized 30-minute video critique of your site, social media presence, online patient reviews, dental videos and more using our 131-point dental web marketing checklist.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.