Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1025
Google likes to play its cards close to the vest. No one outside Google really knows exactly what the ranking factors are for organic search. That doesn’t stop SEO specialists from making highly educated guesses based on intense observation of how Google responds to queries and what happens to search rankings. One thing that continues to stand out is the importance of quality inbound links to your dental website. I’ll be back after the break to tell you more.
– I’m Colin Receveur, founder and CEO of SmartBox Web Marketing.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– The overwhelming majority of people looking for a dentist begin with an online search.
– When it comes to search, Google remains the 800-pound gorilla.
– Practices that want to be found online by their dental prospects need to play by Google’s rules.
– And 3 of the ranking factors that are important are inbound links to your website.
– Inbound links are links from other sites to yours.
– Quantity counts, but that’s not the most important consideration.
– As with anything else, some links are more valuable than others.
– The authority of your inbound links is crucial, meaning that the site that’s linking to yours has to be reputable.
– “Junk” links that try to increase your search ranking is a trick that Google caught on to some time ago.
– In fact, the Penguin update to Google is designed to detect junk links and penalize sites that have them.
– The page text carrying the anchors also has to be relevant to the content of the page that the link will lead to.
– Anchor text about dental implants that leads to a political site is bad.
– You need to keep a close eye on the inbound links to your site.
– Spammy links can show up without you knowing it.
– When is the last time you or someone else reviewed your website for bad links?
– For that matter, when was your website last updated?
– If you’re like most dentists, you have better things to do than monitor the state of your website – like making money by solving patients’ dental issues.
– Rather than wasting your time, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com, go to the Resources tab, click Products, and then click on The Swift Kick Dental Website Review. You can order a customized 30-minute video critique of your site, social media presence, online patient reviews, dental videos, and more using our 131-point dental web marketing checklist.
– Until next time, keep moving forward.