Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 929
Google announced in late August of this year that web pages that don’t meet its new, stricter mobile criteria will be downgraded in search results in 2017. That’s only one reason why dentists need to go mobile. I’ll be back after the break to tell you more. Stay tuned.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Mobile search overtook desktop search in 2015, and the gap is continuing to widen.
– And it’s not just search – a recent report indicated that 51 percent of digital content is viewed on mobile devices compared to 42 percent for desktops.
– Most companies have taken note of the change in emphasizing mobile-friendly online content.
– In fact, Google noted that some 85 percent of pages are now mobile-friendly, where the text can be read without scrolling or zooming and links are easy to tap.
– So the mobile-friendly label will soon be a thing of the past, and Google is pushing new, stricter criteria.
– One of the big things that Google will penalize are mobile popup ads beginning in January of 2017.
– Google believes that popups on a mobile screen disrupt the user’s experience.
– Those popups can include opt-in/opt-out notifications, which many dentists use.
– Legally required popups, such as for age verification, are fine.
– Otherwise, some care in how you handle notifications is in order.
– If you have low-participation opt-in popups, you might consider getting rid of them.
– As it always has, internet success means giving people what they want in the way they want it.
– Keep that in mind with your mobile pages and notifications, and you should do fine.
– HOWEVER: your content has to be up to standard as well, because mobile compatibility isn’t the only thing you can take a hit on.
– Dr. Neal Patel, a dentist near Columbus, Ohio, knows that everything has to work together in dental marketing, and he contacted SmartBox.
“One of the things that attracted me to Colin is that he has a good eye on all of the different mediums through which you can market, whether it’s online presence, whether it’s social media.
– “He’s one of the first people I’ve recognized that actually understands how they actually work together.
– “One of the things that attracted me to SmartBox is that you guys do offer everything, which is important.”
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.