Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1033
The introduction of Siri, the first artificial intelligence personal assistant, was a game-changer for online search. Today, there are no fewer than 4 artificial assistants available to your dental prospects, and more are on the way. After the break, I’ll tell you why and how your search engine optimization has to change to accommodate this brave new world of voice search.
– I’m Colin Receveur, founder and CEO of SmartBox Web Marketing.
– Thanks for watching this episode of the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– Voice search is becoming more and more popular among consumers.
– It’s faster and easier to speak a query than to type it, particularly on a smartphone or other mobile device.
– Personal assistants like Siri and Alexa use something called semantic search to deliver search results or answers to questions.
– These “bots” are basically programmed to analyze the meaning of the question or command.
– And since voice queries are conversational, those bots are looking at more than simple keywords in search results.
– The best matches are usually what are known as long-tail keywords, which deliver better results to fewer people.
– For instance, the keyword “family dentist” could deliver millions of results.
– The long-tail keyword “family dentist in tampa florida” narrows that considerably.
– Dental websites that incorporate that long-tail keyword in their website copy have an edge over those that don’t.
– If it’s been some years since your website was updated, you’re missing out.
– That’s something you can do yourself if you have the time and the inclination to get current on the state of search engine optimization.
– But you won’t make any money by doing that.
– Dr. Randy Schmidt, an orthodontist in the Chicago area, turned to SmartBox to update and optimize his website.
– He said, “The first month we went operational, Colin’s webpage work and Google SEO increased our April Contracts and Collections by 25.7 percent.”
– If your online marketing doesn’t accommodate voice search, you’re losing dental prospects to your competition.
– If you’d like me to evaluate your website and tell you how it can be improved, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com, go to the Resources tab, click Products, and then click on The Swift Kick Dental Website Review. You can order a customized 30-minute video critique of your site, social media presence, online patient reviews, dental videos, and more using our 131-point dental web marketing checklist.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.