Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 822
There’s an old saying that there’s no such thing as a free lunch. Facebook’s free lunch – having your dental practice page posts reach tons of people without paying for it – used to be great. Now, it’s going the way of the dinosaurs. I’ll be back after the break to tell you why your dental page’s organic reach is declining and what you can do about it.
– Welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– I’m Colin Receveur, founder and CEO of SmartBox Web Marketing.
– It’s probably not news that Facebook isn’t what it used to be.
– It’s more, and that’s why you’re getting less reach for your Facebook posts.
– Beginning in 2012, marketers saw a decline in reach, or how many people actually see a particular post.
– By some estimates, reach declined to just 16 percent in that year.
– Now, it’s down under 6 percent, and reach appears to be headed toward zero.
– Less reach means fewer shares and likes, and that means fewer new dental patients.
– There’s some debate about why this is happening, but the better question is, “What can you do about it?”
– You can pay to play on Facebook.
– If you don’t want to do that, here are 5 tips to help you make the most of Facebook’s bad situation.
– First, enlist your fans.
– Remind them that they can adjust their Notifications to make sure they see all your content.
– And that they can click on Pages Feed from pages they’ve Liked.
– Second, think quality over quantity.
– Fewer posts with more relevance, greater timeliness, and targeted to specific segments are more likely to be seen.
– Third, focus on using Facebook to repost and bolster your owned media like your website and blog.
– Fourth, encourage shares and interaction by your followers and fans.
– And fifth, keep up your end of the interaction by responding to comments quickly.
– That’s the truly social part of social media, and it pays dividends.
– But it takes a lot of time to do it right.
– Dr. Neal Patel, a dentist near Columbus, Ohio, decided to focus on what makes him money rather than on social media.
– “One of the things that attracted me to Colin is that he has a good eye on all of the different mediums through which you can market, whether it’s online presence, whether it’s social media.
– “He’s one of the first people I’ve recognized that actually understands how they actually work together.”
– If you’d like to see how SmartBox can make your social media work to attract more and better patients, visit smartboxdentalmarketing.com.
– Until the next podcast, keep moving forward.